• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Resurgence of Drive-in Movie Theaters?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure it will still be viable, but it's interesting to consider if distancing rules and more future mindfulness of proximity to others will result in more use of drive-in's.

This morning I ran across this article:
Drive-in theater sees surge in sales as restrictions roll back

It has personal value to me, because the very first film I remember viewing was Bambi, and it was at the Warwick drive-in! My cousins (my mom's eldest sister) lived in Warwick when they were growing up, and we'd visit once a year usually -- and I remember going to the drive-in with them to see Bambi. This would have been in the early 70's. I didn't even realize the drive-in there was still open.

personally I prefer the theater but I doubt I will be going back any time soon -- which bums me out, with films like Tenet or Mulan on the summer release schedule. Not sure if my area of MD has any drive-in's left.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I’ve been planning on hunting up drive-in movie theaters since stay at home began. I think it will be a lot of fun this summer. :D

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Ive never been to a drive in. They got rid of all of them around where I live ages ago.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's one like a half an hour away from me, but you need a working radio, and you're not supposed to bring your own food. Otherwise I'd be more enthusiastic.