• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Comic-Book Suggestions

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
*lol* So the Reason I am opening this Thread is for you Guys to post Suggestions of good Comic Books or maybe also Manga if we run shot on Comics.

How I caem to think about this is easy. Since I was REALLY stupid (seriously, I was :D) and didn't get that the other Comic-Thread was for the Results of an ONLINE-TEST (that's what happens when you are in a Rush *lmao*), I figured I just start one for Suggestions. Sorry Folks, really. I misread the other Thread completely. :blush:
So here it goes, my Suggestion!

gargs.jpg

The Gargoyles
Okay, it's made by Disney and actually I am not too fond of Disney anymore but this Series just rocks!
It is about Gargoyles in New York, awakened from a long Sleep and now *suddenly*, they are in Todays World. So, since they don't know better, they do what they can do best: Help based on the Gargoyles Codex of Honor.

During the Series they will also get in touch with Odin, Avalon, a human Friend, of course an awesome Enemy and other cool Things.
You should really give it a Try. :yes:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
City of Glass, Paul Austre
Blacksad, Juan Díaz Canales
Sandman, Neil Gaiman
Watchmen, Alan Moore
FLCL, Hajime Ueda

Probably other really nice ones that other members have read. This thread could be really helpful, for me--I mean others--that kinda don't know where to go next in the comic world.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
City of Glass, Paul Austre
Blacksad, Juan Díaz Canales
Sandman, Neil Gaiman
Watchmen, Alan Moore
FLCL, Hajime Ueda
Thanks a lot Kyrie! Will check those out too when I got the Time! (still need to read all those Garg Comics first *lol*)

champzula's deviantART gallery
Awesomeness! Thank you so much Gorilla!!
Actually I got a DA Account too. Mind if I add you? :blush:

Hrm, that reminds me that I also used to read other Comics. Uh, as soon as I remember WHICH ONES exactly, I will post them I guess :D

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sandman, Neil Gaiman

FLCL, Hajime Ueda

:yes: and :yes:

I have the FLCL manga-- love the puzzling hilarity.. and anything by Neil Gaiman is a gem, seriously... I wish I've actually gotten a chance to get more into his work [I'm so broke :( ].

I don't have anything by way of traditional Western comics, but I've got a few manga titles to recommend. :)

Alice 19th by Yuu Watase [pretty Shojou- type...'girly' but lots of emotion and great story]

Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya [ok..another girly emotional one, but it's so interesting! A family cursed by the Chinese Zodiac animals and one, big-hearted...slightly out-there girl to save them all!]

Angel Sanctuary
by Kaori Yuki [...wow...just wow...fantastic art...fantastic, intricate story....wow again..]

Saiyuki and Saiyuki Reload by Kazuya Minekura [I'm biased- this is my absolute favorite series EVER. Pretty boys for the girls and intriguing plot and action for the guys= awesome sauce. This is based off of the Monkey King and Journey to the West :) ]

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
yeah add me man
Cool, thanks! I did so! I am not the greatest Artist tho but...ah well. At least I try :D

Anyways...Comics...Still reading the Gargs. I am freaking happy they started to do the Comics again in 2006, after the Series was ended. :doh:

Oh and cool! Story is posting too! Hello, Story! =)
I actually know some of your Suggestions, they really ARE cool.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Johnny the Homocidal Maniac- Jhonen Vasquez

and I'm still in love with the Tintin comics :wubbie:

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh jeez... where do I even start?

First off. Anything Garth Ennis. If you can track down Preacher TPBs do it. If you have absolutely no sensitivity to gratuitous violence, sex or fart & piss jokes read The Boys. Even if you do, read The Boys. Just read it. He also has a new mini out on Avatar called Crossed which is again, not for the easily offended. On the flip side, if you are, and prefer more noble characters, then check out Dan Dare, War is Hell, or any of his other war-related titles.

Hack/Slash

Goth chick Cassie Hack and her mask wearing, machete wielding buddy Vlad down real life Slashers across the country (and get a bit side-tracked looking for her real father).

Even though the latest issue is months behind due to a lawsuit by the people that own the rights to Re-Animator, by the time you get all caught up that issue should be out already heh. Early issues are hard to find but again that's why TBPs were created! They also recently did a re-release of the first issue on Halloween for new readers to get started.

Vertigo comics:

Northlanders, DMZ, Un-Men (cancelled), Scalped, The Exterminators (cancelled).

Northlanders

A series of stories that take place in, you guessed it, the North! Vikings -- 'nuff said. An ongoing series broken up into seperate, individual storylines that never intersect and take place all over England, Scotland & Ireland.

DMZ

America is at war with itself and Manhattan has been declared a DMZ. it's residents forced to fend for themselves from both sides of this conflict as seen through the eyes of young reporter Matty Roth.

Scalped

Dashiell Bad Horse returns to the rez years after he promised himself he'd never return. So why did he come back? And what is his involvement with corrupt Chief Red-Crow and his daughter Carol?

Know what? I haven't even scratched the surface yet. If anyone is really interested in other titles lemme know. :reading:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Johnny the Homocidal Maniac- Jhonen Vasquez

and I'm still in love with the Tintin comics :wubbie:

Ohh I had forgotten about that one! Though I was more familiar with Squee and I Feel Sick. I'll never forget the sentient, psychic fat. :wubbie:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I loved it when Johnny died and went to Heaven, was kicked out and went to Hell and was kicked out as well.... I've read Squee! and I Feel Sick as well.... so weirdly and morbidly compelling that I can't look away! :doh:

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Watchmen (already mentioned)
Jack of Fables
Extraordinary League of Gentlemen

I'll post some more later when I get more time

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
You know, I've heard nothing but good things about Fables/Jack of Fables but there are so many issues out already (especially the former) I don't know how I'd ever catch up.

OH! And 100 Bullets is another one to check out while we're on the topic of Vertigo. Only 3 issues left... seems like a lot to do in three issues. :shock:

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Marvel:
Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born
Three Musketeers
Picture of Dorian Gray
The Stand

Marvel/Icon: Kick-Ass rules.

DC:
Green Lantern (and GL Corps) is my favorite, but some don't care for it. Get to GL issue #25 and it'll be worth your time. Fall of next year is going to be amazing.

Trials of Shazam! was a great read.
Note: disregard the Shaq movie when regarding "Shazam!" This is not the same person/entity.

DC/Wildstorm:
The first seven issues of Midnighter were good. 1-5 was a continuous story that was amazing. Issue 6 a one-shot feudal japan thing, and issue 7 displays his powers.
Note: he is the gay batman; literally. Except that he kills people in a brutal fashion.

The Captain Atom: Armageddon 10 issue run in the Wildstorm universe was amazing.

Dark Horse:
Helm has been surprisingly good.

Radical:
Caliber is really good (my avatar), yet sometimes difficult to follow. Issue 2 rocked.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh Gee! I just remembered some more Comics! Haven't read them yet tho (well not all), but here the Names more or less

~ The X-Files
~ Wolverine (from the X-Men)

And I think I have also seen some of Van Hellsing. Not quite sure tho.
Also the Devil may cry Series are good, but those are more of Romans than Comics.