• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek Online

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just downloaded this recently and have already created 3 new profiles

Vulcan Female tactical officer, 25th century Starfleet
Vulcan Male science officer, 23rd century Starfleet
Gorn Male tactical officer, 25th century Klingon Defense Force

It seems a little odd Gorn and Orions would be serving in such frequent numbers on Klingon ships. I mean if anything, I'd assume they'd be federation members by the 25th century. So I just imagined my own backstory for my character (basically the same as when I played as an Orc fighting for the Stormcloaks in Skyrim)--he was orphaned and adopted by a Klingon house as an infant. His Gorn strength and physique made him a formidable warrior and even xenophobic Klingons came to respect his prowess.

This is a really pretty game to look at but some of the missions start to feel repetitive quite fast--it seems to vary between ship-to-ship combat and run and gun third person shooting challenges. I also don't like the fact that to get a lot of the better ships and uniforms, you have to pay for that stuff in the form of micro-transactions. Otherwise you always start out with your faction's most basic, run-of-the-mill ship. For instance in my Klingon playthrough, they start me out with a little Bird of Prey, and in my first mission I have to fight a fucking Galaxy Class starship. That would be like sending an attack helicopter against a naval destroyer. Luckily I had help from some Klingon attack cruisers.