• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you see Jaromir Jagr get his teeth knocked out by the puck the other night?

Nasty!

Usehername

On a mission
Those guys are nutso. I can't believe that more of them don't wear facial protection. Of course, since he's a Ranger I didn't shed any tears :)

no kidding. and then they dive to block shots--what are they thinking?! put a cage on!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I follow the Wings and the Canes, but I do keep an eye on Tomas Kaberle in Toronto. :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.

I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. :yes: I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. :yes: I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.
Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks. :cool:

MBTI Type
INTJ
There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks. :cool:

Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.

There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold :)

LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.

LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.
I'm from the East bay area of CA, so yeah I'm kind of a Sharks fan by default. I really haven't followed the sport for long so I wouldn't say I really have any favorite players in particular. I'm trying to learn more though and become better versed in the sport. :devil:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LIKE WALL

AHAHHA!! You remember that too! :D Good ol' scrappy Arch. We took in a practice once. Irbe was in a stormy mood and Jennifer made him laugh by standing in the middle of the street with her camera, shouting, "Gimme a smile, baby! Come on! Work it for the camera! You know you want to!" He started laughing and blushed to his hairline. A nice man. I don't say that about many people, especially pro athletes, but he was a very nice man. Still tending goal overseas, if you can believe it!

I see you're a Flyers fan? :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
hahahahah!!! Bernie and Jesus both have admirable taste and coiffured hair.

That makes all three of us!

But my favorite player ever is Ron Hextall. I loved that not only was he a great goalie, but he was aggressive and wasn't afraid to be physical and stand up for his team. He's one of the only goalies that I think could have been a captain.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That makes all three of us!

But my favorite player ever is Ron Hextall. I loved that not only was he a great goalie, but he was aggressive and wasn't afraid to be physical and stand up for his team. He's one of the only goalies that I think could have been a captain.

The NHL has Hextalls out the yin-yang! Wasn't Ron like the second goalie to score a goal??

MBTI Type
INTJ
The NHL has Hextalls out the yin-yang! Wasn't Ron like the second goalie to score a goal??

First! And also the only one to do it twice, and to do it in the playoffs.

He was the second goalie credited with a goal, but in the first case the team scored on itself and the goalie was only credited with the goal because he was the last member of his team to touch it. Hextall was the first to actually shoot and score.

And I don't know about out the yin yang, but Patrick Roy (sadly missed) and Ray Emery sort of have the same mojo.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just rechecking the league stats and your Flyers are riding high on Atlantic division!

My Wings are in second overall, and the Canes are third. I'm already having a good NHL season! haha! :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was just rechecking the league stats and your Flyers are riding high on Atlantic division!

My Wings are in second overall, and the Canes are third. I'm already having a good NHL season! haha! :D

YAY Captain Nick! :D

Now, if Erik Cole will only stop landing head first into the goal post, I think we'll be doing good.