• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

MBTI Type
INTJ
So FM, what are you thinking now in regards to the Penguins? Do you think they have the momentum they need to propel them to a Stanley? I'm getting nervous here. I don't wanna spend $120 on my friend. lol

I would be shocked if the Penguins were not playing in the finals. However, once they're there it'll be tough to beat Detroit or Dallas. Do you have a bet?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I would be shocked if the Penguins were not playing in the finals. However, once they're there it'll be tough to beat Detroit, Dallas or San Jose. Do you have a bet?
FYP. I WILL remain optimistic.

Yeah, a bet that I proposed actually :dont: -- If the Sharks manage to take the cup this year my friend buys me a SJS jersey (#19 - Joe Thornton ;)) and if the Penguins win the cup I have to buy him a Crosby jersey...

So there's no guarantee of a winner but the Penguins are way solid and (so far) they're playing like they know that. Playoff angst doesn't seem to have a grip.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Flyers-Habs will be INSANE tonight. I wish I were going. :( I have to save up for Eastern Conference Finals tickets, though. :devil:

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel almost stupid saying this, but I still think the Canadiens are dominating the Flyers despite the Flyers' 2-1 series lead. They got outshot 34-14 tonight, and only a career game by Biron and some great shot-blocking kept them in it. They need to crash the net on offense and start clearing the zone better on defense.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I feel almost stupid saying this, but I still think the Canadiens are dominating the Flyers despite the Flyers' 2-1 series lead. They got outshot 34-14 tonight, and only a career game by Biron and some great shot-blocking kept them in it. They need to crash the net on offense and start clearing the zone better on defense.

The Canadiens didn't score a goal at even strength the entire game. In fact, I think that they have 3 ES goals in 3 games so far. That is absolutely not getting it done. And more than Biron's great game was Carey Price looking like a beer leaguer (and calling out his own teammates before the game!). If we win Game 4 at home tomorrow, they are in big, big trouble.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sharks are being pathetic. Put them out of their misery. Dallas is giving a shit and the Sharks don't. :mad:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Every 2nd round series has been a washout except Flyers-Habs. I really, REALLY hate the Penguins, but I would be mightily proud of the Flyers if they made it to the ECF and lost to a more skilled Pens squad. And I want to see them get blown the fuck out by Detroit or Dallas.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Flyers up 3-1. Who woulda thunk it? If you showed someone the stats of the four games and covered up the score, any reasonable person would think the Canadiens were up 3-1. At least. A couple of timely goals changed everything. The question going into Game 5 is who plays goal for the Habs? There are arguments for and against either Halak or Price, and I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer. If it were up to me, I'd throw Price in there. Sending in Halak has two outcomes, both bad. If he stinks, you're eliminated. If he's good, you have effectively removed the option of putting Price back in unless there's a complete meltdown, and I don't think anyone will argue that Price is the more talented player.

Nice gutsy win by the Sharks tonight, too. Scoring late in the game on the road to seal the win shows some stones that I didn't think the Sharks had.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Did you guys hear that Sean Avery was rushed to the hospital at the end of the game on the 28th? Early in the game he had a run-in with a Pittsburgh defenseman and continued the rest of the game with a lacerated spleen. He'll be out the rest of the season... Somewhere, in a bar in New Jersey, Brodeur is lifting a pint to this.

Sources: Rangers star Sean Avery hospitalized

Nice gutsy win by the Sharks tonight, too. Scoring late in the game on the road to seal the win shows some stones that I didn't think the Sharks had.
;)
Too bad the Sharkie's fate is right in front of them. Not to say a comeback isn't possible, just not likely. =/

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow. That was easily the most entertaining game of the series. I didn't sit down the entire third period! I feel good, because I felt like this is the first win of the series that the Flyers really EARNED. Biron wasn't at his best and the rest of the team picked him up. Didn't hurt that Carey Price was shaky again and that Carbonneau failed to yank him after the second period.

I love the Flyers' chances against Pittsburgh because of the way they played them during the regular season. If the Rangers somehow pull off a miracle, I'm less optimistic about facing them.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow. That was easily the most entertaining game of the series. I didn't sit down the entire third period! I feel good, because I felt like this is the first win of the series that the Flyers really EARNED. Biron wasn't at his best and the rest of the team picked him up. Didn't hurt that Carey Price was shaky again and that Carbonneau failed to yank him after the second period.

I love the Flyers' chances against Pittsburgh because of the way they played them during the regular season. If the Rangers somehow pull off a miracle, I'm less optimistic about facing them.

I hope that the Rangers win today, and it goes to 6 or 7 games. The Flyers could use a few days off. A Game 7 might be one or two too many, though. We want their momentum to continue. Let's hope for super-physical Games 5-6. :headphne:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sharks at Dallas for game 6 tonight. We're hanging by a thread but we'll see if this sucker goes into 7 games.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, Beat, that's a tough one to take. I was sure the Sharks were going to score in OT, they dominated the first three OT periods. I wanted to see Game 7, but Turco deserved the win.