• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
The hit that destroyed one of the best, most fun seasons of hockey I ever had. The Stevens apologists will never be able to convince me that this isn't a cheap shot. Elbow right to the face that basically ended Lindros' career, at least as an elite player.

YouTube - Stevens Hits Lindros
I remember the first time I saw the hit they showed a different angle and it didn't look that bad. Then they showed another clip and it was longer so you could see Stevens did do some head hunting. One thing that's really clear from this clip was how long Lindros had his head down. Waaay, waaay too long. He wasn't ready to be back up there playing. If anything he needed some minor league starts.

He'd often get his stick way up when hitting guys in the corner so it wasn't a surprise to see guys come at him high later in his career. I can always say I saw the Legion of Doom play live but I was never a big fan of his. I am glad he threw his little protest in going to the Nordiques. It was one of the biggest components in building the Diques/Avalanche powerhouse. I'd take Peter the Great over him any day. How many times did the Flyers (or any of his teams) make the Cup finals? Did anyone else hear the conspiracy rumors that the Wings were supposed to throw the series against the Flyers the year they played? Not all were in on it but some of the Russian players in to the Russian mafia? That limo crash that wiped out those two players wasn't so accidental. Anyone???

Anyway, I'd always list Lindros along with Gary Coleman, Debbie Gibson and Macaulay Culkin as why it's a bad idea to have your parents manage your career.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
AND GUESS WHAT....

THAT'S RIGHT BEEEOOOTTCCCHHESSS
2004065960396883681_rs.jpg

Sorry but I'm happy.

Congrats. I've always been a Thornton fan, and you guys freakin' stole him from Boston. Wish we could have gotten into that race. Sturm, Primeau, and Stuart was (turned out to be, anyway) junk for a superstar.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Congrats. I've always been a Thornton fan, and you guys freakin' stole him from Boston. Wish we could have gotten into that race. Sturm, Primeau, and Stuart was (turned out to be, anyway) junk for a superstar.
Oh yeah, Thornton's the man. Chief of assists in the NHL. :party2:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Welp, if Carolina wins against the Caps tonight they clinch the division title. However, it's a must win for the Caps tonight if they want in the playoffs. Should be a good game. :party2:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
FLYERS!!! I hope that Pittsburgh rests their starters and we can whup them tomorrow.

BTW, the standing are wrong when they have the Caps in first in the Southeast. The Capitals have to win or lose in OT/shootout tonight to make the playoffs. The Canes have the first tiebreaker (1 more win).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When the Wings took the President's Cup, I blacked out from glee.

Carolina's chances are looking bad. :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ay yo notaprettygal:

Haha. Thought this was cool. Just saw this on a bulletin by one of my favorite metal bands - Darkest Hour. They are from DC and they just released a Caps fight song in honor of them making it in the playoffs (the tune is actually from one of their albums just some new "Go caps!" lyrics).

Here's the band Darkest Hour:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...d2-da1376595b2e

And then their fight song page:
MySpace.com - LETS GO CAPS - Washington, Washington DC - Metal / Rock - www.myspace.com/letsgocapsmusic

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So me and my friend who lives up in Pittsburgh just made a deal. If the Penguins take the cup this year I buy him a jersey. If the Sharks manage to get it, he buys me one. I'm honestly a little nervous about it, but I presented the bet. :devil:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
So me and my friend who lives up in Pittsburgh just made a deal. If the Penguins take the cup this year I buy him a jersey. If the Sharks manage to get it, he buys me one. I'm honestly a little nervous about it, but I presented the bet. :devil:

I think that the Sharks have a better shot at it. It's gonna be harder to get out of the West, but Pittsburgh isn't there yet. They need another top-4 defenseman, and MAF needs more playoff seasoning.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think that the Sharks have a better shot at it. It's gonna be harder to get out of the West, but Pittsburgh isn't there yet. They need another top-4 defenseman, and MAF needs more playoff seasoning.
That makes me feel better to hear. Luckily my friend (though he likes to play like he's a Penguins fan) he really doesn't follow closely. He thinks his Pens are going to take it all because A. they are in the stanley playoffs and B. they have a prodigy of a player (Crosby). Penguins are good, no doubt, but I hope what you say is true. Whether it's the final two teams or not I hope the Sharks get a chance to play (and massacre) the Penguins. :devil: