• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Tod McLellan, assistant coach of the Detroit Wings is going to San Jose to take over Ron Wilson's position as head coach. :)

Stanley '09 for the Sharks.

Story:
NHL.com - News

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't get me wrong though, I enjoy baseball. It's just hard to watch 9 innings on TV. Going to a professional ball game on the other hand is one of my favorite outings.

Agreed and agreed.

Breaking The Drought In '08!
70585221lqf7.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Also, Ron Wilson (formerly SJS' head coach is going to Toronto).

So they'll still suck.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Toronto is such a mess. Just when you think they might turn it around, they go and hire a coach before they have a GM.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Toronto has now hired a coach AND a director of player personnel before a general manager. Congrats, boners.

In most excellent GM news, Paul Holmgren has signed Jeff Carter for 3 years at $5 million per year. Carter will STILL be a restricted free agent at the end of the deal. :party2:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Any thoughts on the draft? Sharks got 2007 All-Star defenceman, Brian Campbell (formerly of the Chicago Blackhawks). woot.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Campbell's a good player on the rise and signed at a reasonable salary. Excellent move!

I can't make hide nor hair of the NHL draft. It's different in basketball and football, where we've all seen these guys play in college and can have our own (half-assed) opinions. I'm a big hockey fan, but I don't know a damned thing about anyone that got drafted. Steve Stamkos is the only one who's name I'd even heard before.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Toronto is such a mess. Just when you think they might turn it around, they go and hire a coach before they have a GM.

Toronto just inked Jeff Finger to a 4-year, $14 million contract. Yup, that Jeff Finger, the former Av who has played all of 92 games in the NHL. They are so in the Tavares/Hedman sweepstakes.

kensi

Hossa off to Redwings
Naslund to the Rangers...
Do these teams really need these acquisitions ?.....Vancouver is left with a pretty good goaltender and 18 nobodies, basically.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Any thoughts on the draft? Sharks got 2007 All-Star defenceman, Brian Campbell (formerly of the Chicago Blackhawks). woot.

Campbell's a good player on the rise and signed at a reasonable salary. Excellent move!

I can't make hide nor hair of the NHL draft. It's different in basketball and football, where we've all seen these guys play in college and can have our own (half-assed) opinions. I'm a big hockey fan, but I don't know a damned thing about anyone that got drafted. Steve Stamkos is the only one who's name I'd even heard before.

Oops, I spoke too soon. I thought he had signed during the season. Campbell instead went from San Jose to Chicago. Doh!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hossa off to Redwings
Naslund to the Rangers...
Do these teams really need these acquisitions ?.....Vancouver is left with a pretty good goaltender and 18 nobodies, basically.

The Rangers needed somebody at wing, since Jagr is off to Avangard Omsk. I think that they overpaid on D, as well. I am sure the Canucks would be interested in Knuble or Lupul from the Flyers for something, right?