User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Thread: Hockey?

I agree with pure_mercury. I don't see the Pens winning the Cup. It doesn't happen very often that a team wins the Cup the first year that they're really good. They need some playoff seasoning first. Of course, I could be completely wrong, because the Sharks' disappointing playoff experience might actually be a hindrance and because in the NHL you get a headscratcher of a champion sometimes like the Hurricanes in 2006.

On another note, I was disappointed to discover that every game of the Flyers/Caps series will be nationally televised EXCEPT Game 7 (if necessary). I'll just have to hope it doesn't go that far. I like the Flyers' chances because I think that they've been a little better over the course of the season and because their talent is diverse with six 20-goal scorers. The Caps are definitely heading into the playoffs on a tear, which is worrisome. But so much of their offense is tied up in Ovechkin that if he slumps or doesn't rise to the occasion in his first taste of the playoffs, they're toast.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I agree with pure_mercury. I don't see the Pens winning the Cup. It doesn't happen very often that a team wins the Cup the first year that they're really good. They need some playoff seasoning first. Of course, I could be completely wrong, because the Sharks' disappointing playoff experience might actually be a hindrance and because in the NHL you get a headscratcher of a champion sometimes like the Hurricanes in 2006.

On another note, I was disappointed to discover that every game of the Flyers/Caps series will be nationally televised EXCEPT Game 7 (if necessary). I'll just have to hope it doesn't go that far. I like the Flyers' chances because I think that they've been a little better over the course of the season and because their talent is diverse with six 20-goal scorers. The Caps are definitely heading into the playoffs on a tear, which is worrisome. But so much of their offense is tied up in Ovechkin that if he slumps or doesn't rise to the occasion in his first taste of the playoffs, they're toast.
    They may not be the two best teams in the playoffs, but I think that this will be the most entertaining first-round matchup. Flyers in 6.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Well, barely 24 hours since coming in 2nd in my fantasy hockey league, I come in 2nd in my NCAA tourney pool. My second place prize = my entry fee back. Had I won...$400! D'OH!! I'm so gonna grind the enamel off my teeth.

I'm not looking forward to any of these match ups. Rangers-Devils might be a good series. If Calgary wakes up theirs against the Sharks could be good. Nice to see an original 6 w/Montreal but I think Boston is farely weak. Maybe the Sens will get their offense going but they don't look too cohesive.

Last season I thought there was a clear cut team to beat, the Ducks, with SJ I thought having a complete squad. This year, I have no clue.

Ducks/Stars is going to be a WAR. That's the best first round series in my opinion. I'll call the Ducks in 6 tough games. Devils/Rangers has the same potential and might get nasty. I'll pick the Devils in 7.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Go Wings.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Ducks/Stars is going to be a WAR. That's the best first round series in my opinion. I'll call the Ducks in 6 tough games.
    Agreed, and agreed. Ducks in 6.

MBTI
    ISTx

Welp, it's on.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'd put a hex on Teemu, but Mike Modano is a clown-shoe and must bite the big one.

Go Anaheim.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTx

Fuggg.

MBTI
    INTP

No real surprises for me in tonight's games. Fluerry has been so amazing the past 3 weeks. I was wondering if he ever was going to play like an elite goalie. Like seriously look to move the guy if they got tossed out of the series 4-1 in the first round again. Pens D isn't great but all year long they'd given up quite a few goals. You gotta have a goalie who's capable of stealing a game or two when the offense doesn't show up and until mid March that hadn't happened since the guy came into the league.

SJ is another team that gives up a few too many goals. Even when they went on their tear over the final six weeks, it wasn't much of the 1-0, 2-1 variety. Calgary's D might be the best in the league but Kip has been soft most of the season. I wonder does Keenan let up a bit now or ride him mercilessly like an inexperienced jockey.

I'm rooting for the Avs to come out of the west and take the Habs out of the east. Montreal having a much more likely time of getting there. Lunquist I could actually see stealing a few games and helping the Rangers advance a few rounds but NJ has that same style of play. I'm stoked Sakic had another O-T goal. If the Avs score early they can open up the ice and score on anyone but their PK and 3rd line can't shut down anyone for crap and will let teams stay in games. I'd to see a first round exit but rather possible.

I'm sure I'll watch some of the Ducks and Stars. Dallas has so under achieved the past couple of years. I really wasn't expecting much of a series. I gues it was about 7-8-9 years ago, when Dallas would be one of the top seeds and Edmonton would be one of the bottom teams but they'd have THE most exciting first round match ups. The series would always go six-seven games, there'd be some O-T games, four goals being scored in the 3rd period. That's what I'd love to see. Boston's so over matched in their series but I'm sure they had blood on their mind for the hurt Montreal put on them all season. Maybe some wild, all out play.