• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jason Voorhees/friday the 13th Appreciation thread

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if anyone remembers the movie V/H/S 2, but in the segment 'Tuesday the 17th' the glitch killer reminds me of how Jason functions in Friday the 13th The Game. When Jason morphs in that game, it even uses a similar video glitch effect, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if the developers weren't influenced a bit by V/H/S 2.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As often as the Halloween series has rebooted itself and disregarded/retconned sequels (ignoring the rob Zombie remake series, 3 times), I don't see why they couldn't do something similar with Friday the 13th. If it were up to me, I'd do one of the following 3 options:

1. Pick the series up after Part 4. Ignore every film from Part 5 onwards. Bring back Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis. He's expressed interest in reprising the role. No disrespect intended to the actors who portrayed Tommy in parts 5 and 6, but that would be cool to see. This movie could involve an adult Tommy, still scarred and haunted by the childhood events with Jason. Otherwise, bring back Jason in some similar fashion as to how he was brought back in part 6. Tommy, now a father of his own kids, must fight Jason once again. Maybe get one of those little fuckers from Stranger Things to play his kid. Ted White is retired and way too old to reprise the role, but perhaps they could bring back Kane Hodder (in his 60s now but still in pretty good shape and still working in films) or CJ Graham to play Jason

2. Pick up after Part 8, ignoring Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X and Freddy v Jason. Jason would still be an undead revenant watching over Crystal Lake, but long since forgotten as an old 80s urban legend. A new group of counselors are reopening the camp and you can guess from there where this is going. Pretty straightforward.

3. Go back almost to the beginning, pick up the series after the very first film, sort of like they've done with the latest Halloween film. This would allow almost limitless possibilities for starting a new series of Jason films and they wouldn't have to worry about contradicting the other sequels. Maybe this way they could also offer a better explanation for exactly how Jason drowned yet returned as an adult "human". I still like the idea of him being a revenant resurrected via some supernatural tomfoolery.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Friday the 13th: A Celebration of Roy Burns | Den of Geek

I really never minded the whole "twist" in part 5. I like Roy Burns. I thought he committed some of the most brutal kills in the franchise, enough to make Jason envious. I wonder what Jason would've thought about Roy. Probably would've criticized him for not getting the mask quite right. that said, Roy's mask looks cool with the blue chevrons. I've thought about doing that as a costume for Halloween. The boilersuit looked more like a Michael Myers outfit. And he's even the first "Jason" to not run and just do the speedwalk after his victims.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your theory about him being a Revanant is pretty spot on.

As it so happens he was CALLED that in MkX. I believe it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fan made documentary about the third film featuring interviews with various cast and crew

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the FBI would classify Jason as an unorganized killer.

Despite the similarities in their MO, I think Michael Myers would be classified as an organized killer, and more intelligent than Jason.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
482ca7ddfc614b36cc14903f29b2c42777e3f9df_00.jpg