• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite painters

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
ed111, I love Hopper, as well. I also dig Delacroix and Fragonard. I tend to be a fan of either totally idiosyncratic artists, or of one or two exemplars of a particular style.

Yes, I have a copy of Nighthawks hanging in my study. I read a review of it and didn't realise that the people in it are all very lonely. They are also all (apart from the guy working there) isolated from the rest of the world (there are no visible entrances or exits). I suppose I must have subconscioussly realised that this painting was appropriate for me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Make with the pics!

[YOUTUBE="BSkDQYe2FYw"]a little less conversation[/YOUTUBE]

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
My favorite Painter - if I can call him that - is surely Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. I like his young, yet individual, different, colorful, simple Style.

picture.php

Also I like Stuff by DaVinci, Michelangelo and other "similar" Artists. I guess I have a *weird* Taste when it comes to that.

Last edited:

ygolo

My termites win
I don't know if I have a favorite.

I like Mark Sawgan:
coastalbreeze.jpg

as well as Dali:
dali-premonicao.jpg

and anything in between.

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
One of my favorites is Patrick Nagel. Most famous illustration (least I believe so) is the Rio album by Duran Duran . Excellent art work,great music.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
One of my favorites is Patrick Nagel. Most famous illustration (least I believe so) is the Rio album by Duran Duran . Excellent art work,great music.

Oh, my sister Pink Piranha will love you. :D Nagel is one of her favorites too.

I love Edmond Leighton, Velásquez, Van Eyck, and Rembrandt.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
John Singer Sargent, Harry Clarke, John Jude Palencar, John William Waterhouse.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My favorite Painter - if I can call him that - is surely Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. I like his young, yet individual, different, colorful, simple Style.

picture.php

I like that! Very playful. Reminds me of the way some guy in one of my classes drew. His personality was as all over the place and energetic as his art.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
As per Nihilen's suggestion, I found out about this artist...Luc Tuymans...stuff is very atmospheric.

070223_tuymans1.jpg

CIMG3415.jpg

LucTuyman_Maypole.jpg

Tuymans_05_body.jpg

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I like that! Very playful. Reminds me of the way some guy in one of my classes drew. His personality was as all over the place and energetic as his art.
Awesome! Someone else liking the Shinoda Paintings! :D
I have Tons of Pictures like this, drawn by him. He is a great Artist, at least I think so. I can share some, if you want. Could make an Album or so in my Profile (if that's allowed ^^°)

Oh and do you by any Chance have a Pic of this Guys Art you just talked about? Would be interested to see. I love Art!

Oh and also...I like the Pic ygolo posted. Looks nice :yes:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Awesome! Someone else liking the Shinoda Paintings! :D
I have Tons of Pictures like this, drawn by him. He is a great Artist, at least I think so. I can share some, if you want. Could make an Album or so in my Profile (if that's allowed ^^°)

Oh and do you by any Chance have a Pic of this Guys Art you just talked about? Would be interested to see. I love Art!

Oh and also...I like the Pic ygolo posted. Looks nice :yes:

I don't. :( Most of his drawings were all over his sketchbook, and I don't remember if he had a deviantart page.

Oh hell, I think I found his blog. Clay Patterson Illustration

Yeah that stuff looks an awful lot like the stuff I remember him doodling. Not quite the same as Shinoda, but has the same kind of energy, I think.

And yes, I would love some images of Shinoda's stuff. :D

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah that stuff looks an awful lot like the stuff I remember him doodling. Not quite the same as Shinoda, but has the same kind of energy, I think.
Oh Shoot, you are right! That really DOES look like Shinoda Stuff! *lol*

So one Shinoda Album at Work! I'll yell when it's done :tongue:

(*cough* Hope that wasn't too much OT ^^°)

GorillaGorilla

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rembrandt, hands down.
e9xjyx.jpg

Understanding the technique he used in his paintings (and his style) makes it that much more impressive. take a look at the shine of the figure's helmet. outstanding.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
That Rembrandt is awesome.

I'll post some more pics after I do Trivia night at INTPc

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Rembrandt, hands down.

Understanding the technique he used in his paintings (and his style) makes it that much more impressive. take a look at the shine of the figure's helmet. outstanding.

I love his drawings/sketches. Especially his gestures.

saskia_sleeping.jpg

rembrandt_450.jpg

rembrandt.jpg

*sigh* If only I could do that as well as he.