• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars 9

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, hopefully this is the last of this storyline, which started out promising, then just kind of capped itself in the middle.

Last trailer dropped last night, along with the ticket sales opening up. (I think it's amusing that everyone was trying to pinpoint the half-hour block where sales would start... and they were late by at least an hour... I happened to go online and notice they were active and got the last ticket in the middle section for the Thursday night opening at my local UA/Regal.)

I'm kinda watching this out of duty, but I lost a lot of enthusiasm after SW 8 unfortunately. I watched the trailer once and was like "okay, get me when the movie opens," I'm not sure why everyone is obsessing over the trailers and trying to nitpick/guess what will happen. It's been a shitty year, in fact, for this kind of thing. I think the last series I was invested in so much was Game of Thrones, and we know how that panned out. It kind of killed my enthusiasm for getting intellectually invested in a franchise again.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no plans to see it in the theater. Maybe I'll pirate it.

I’d rather get another endoscopy/colonoscopy than watch JJ Abrams pull a lot of glitter and rabbits out of a hat trying to save this sorry ass excuse for an ending to what was one of the most beloved franchises in cinema history. F Disney, F JJ, and most importantly, F Rian Johnson- may his genitals be infested by a thousand bantha fleas.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I’d rather get another endoscopy/colonoscopy than watch JJ Abrams pull a lot of glitter and rabbits out of a hat trying to save this sorry ass excuse for an ending to what was one of the most beloved franchises in cinema history. F Disney, F JJ, and most importantly, F Rian Johnson- may his genitals be infested by a thousand bantha fleas.

I cant stay mad at JJ because of this.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'll see it in theaters but my enthusiasm for this movie is super low. I haven't really bothered watching the trailer for it yet.

I cant stay mad at JJ because of this.

JJ is a hack. He’s a good snake oil salesmen (he’s managed to weasel himself and all his pals into every facet of Hollywood) but a terrible movie maker that can’t do anything original. Ending something is absolutely beyond him. Why? Because you need a cohesive beginning and middle to actually attain a sensible ending. JJ is that director that wants a cool car chase (or space battle) so he engineers a movie around the car chase. He’s the wouldn’t it be cool guy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
images

But there's a lightsaber battle! On a big boat or something! And more planets with sand!

Yeah, Johnson recently ran some early showings of his new flick "Knives Out" which got some decent reviews... but every time I hear his name now, I just get the dry heaves. Damn. Loved his stuff in the past, now I just have cinematic PTSD...

images

But there's a lightsaber battle! On a big boat or something! And more planets with sand!

Yeah, Johnson recently ran some early showings of his new flick "Knives Out" which got some decent reviews... but every time I hear his name now, I just get the dry heaves. Damn. Loved his stuff in the past, now I just have cinematic PTSD...

Agreed. I’ll just rewatch Clue for the millionth time instead. In fact, I haven’t watched it recently. I need to remedy that.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Our generation feels really strongly about pop culture.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. I’ll just rewatch Clue for the millionth time instead. In fact, I haven’t watched it recently. I need to remedy that.
Mrs. Peacock was a man

- - - Updated - - -

Our generation feels really strongly about pop culture.

We were marinated in pop culture to a degree previous generations weren't.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, the MTV generation. I think the Boomers were "nostalgic" where we are more outward-directed at the overwhelming amount of cultural kitsch... TV, music, art, movies, comics, it just goes on and on at least with with onset of cable and CDs and home video players and then the Internet.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
plus a lot of us had either single working parents or both parents worked, so our babysitter after school was often the TV

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was the whole point of "after school specials" :smile:

who am i kidding, all i did was read and play AD&D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker Ticket Pre-Sales Break Records – /Film

The newest Star Wars movie doesn’t need lightspeed to shatter the sound barrier — or in this case, the Atom Tickets pre-sales record. Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker ticket pre-sales went live on Monday night, and within the first hour, Episode 9 had already set a new record for ticket pre-sales.

Earlier this year, Avengers: Endgame set a new record for first-hour ticket sales, but Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker just blew it out of the sky. Atom Tickets reports that the Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker ticket pre-sales set a new first-hour record for the ticket-buying service, out-selling Avengers: Endgame by a staggering 45%.

As far as the ticket-buying experience:

I got my ticket off Fandango (like normal). Despite not being one of the first people in like I was for Endgame, what happened this time is that I got a loading screen when I went to purchase for my selected date. It told me I was in a queue, relative position in the queue, and actually I was only in the queue for about thirty seconds max before then being redirected to the purchase page.

This is better than times in the past when everyone tries to just get on at once, there is no queue, and the turnstile in effect gets jammed up with no orderly purchase line and no one sure whether their browser has crashed or they should just sit tight.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even back when people were freaking out and lining up for episode 1, I didn't get it. I was excited but I didn't mind waiting until a week or so after opening to see it. It can't be that good. And even if it is, there's something nice about delaying gratification.

Torrenting service, here I come. Think I'll stick to a bootleg copy that's obviously someone using their phone to record the movie from a theatre screen.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I go early less about enthusiasm nowadays (as my typical movie-watch for an opening is either Sat or Sun mornings) and more simply to avoid spoilers because I hate being spoilered; I just really like seeing a film fresh.

Even back when people were freaking out and lining up for episode 1, I didn't get it. I was excited but I didn't mind waiting until a week or so after opening to see it. It can't be that good. And even if it is, there's something nice about delaying gratification.

Torrenting service, here I come. Think I'll stick to a bootleg copy that's obviously someone using their phone to record the movie from a theatre screen.

Those can actually be a hoot if you get the right bootleg... depending on unique audience response.

“In Hollywood, remember kids, it’s not important if it’s high quality. It only matters if it makes money.” - Mark Hamill

"Damn whippersnappers... grumble grumble" ~ Martin Scorsese

I go early less about enthusiasm nowadays (as my typical movie-watch for an opening is either Sat or Sun mornings) and more simply to avoid spoilers because I hate being spoilered; I just really like seeing a film fresh.

Those can actually be a hoot if you get the right bootleg... depending on unique audience response.

"Damn whippersnappers... grumble grumble" ~ Martin Scorsese
Damn crotchety old timers demanding quality products for their money!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fair point. Most people give a week at most for spoilers these days. I was spoiled a key point in Force Awakens and I only waited 4 days after opening to see it.