Thread: Star Wars 9

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Star Wars 9

Well, hopefully this is the last of this storyline, which started out promising, then just kind of capped itself in the middle.

Last trailer dropped last night, along with the ticket sales opening up. (I think it's amusing that everyone was trying to pinpoint the half-hour block where sales would start... and they were late by at least an hour... I happened to go online and notice they were active and got the last ticket in the middle section for the Thursday night opening at my local UA/Regal.)

I'm kinda watching this out of duty, but I lost a lot of enthusiasm after SW 8 unfortunately. I watched the trailer once and was like "okay, get me when the movie opens," I'm not sure why everyone is obsessing over the trailers and trying to nitpick/guess what will happen. It's been a shitty year, in fact, for this kind of thing. I think the last series I was invested in so much was Game of Thrones, and we know how that panned out. It kind of killed my enthusiasm for getting intellectually invested in a franchise again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes The Cat, JocktheMotie, rav3n liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

I have no plans to see it in the theater. Maybe I'll pirate it.
    Give me clarity

I’d rather get another endoscopy/colonoscopy than watch JJ Abrams pull a lot of glitter and rabbits out of a hat trying to save this sorry ass excuse for an ending to what was one of the most beloved franchises in cinema history. F Disney, F JJ, and most importantly, F Rian Johnson- may his genitals be infested by a thousand bantha fleas.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes Tomb1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I’d rather get another endoscopy/colonoscopy than watch JJ Abrams pull a lot of glitter and rabbits out of a hat trying to save this sorry ass excuse for an ending to what was one of the most beloved franchises in cinema history. F Disney, F JJ, and most importantly, F Rian Johnson- may his genitals be infested by a thousand bantha fleas.

I cant stay mad at JJ because of this.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'll see it in theaters but my enthusiasm for this movie is super low. I haven't really bothered watching the trailer for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

I cant stay mad at JJ because of this.
    JJ is a hack. He’s a good snake oil salesmen (he’s managed to weasel himself and all his pals into every facet of Hollywood) but a terrible movie maker that can’t do anything original. Ending something is absolutely beyond him. Why? Because you need a cohesive beginning and middle to actually attain a sensible ending. JJ is that director that wants a cool car chase (or space battle) so he engineers a movie around the car chase. He’s the wouldn’t it be cool guy.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

JJ Abrams is the Mitt Romney of science fiction
    Give me clarity

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But there's a lightsaber battle! On a big boat or something! And more planets with sand!

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Yeah, Johnson recently ran some early showings of his new flick "Knives Out" which got some decent reviews... but every time I hear his name now, I just get the dry heaves. Damn. Loved his stuff in the past, now I just have cinematic PTSD...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post

But there's a lightsaber battle! On a big boat or something! And more planets with sand!

Yeah, Johnson recently ran some early showings of his new flick "Knives Out" which got some decent reviews... but every time I hear his name now, I just get the dry heaves. Damn. Loved his stuff in the past, now I just have cinematic PTSD...
    Agreed. I’ll just rewatch Clue for the millionth time instead. In fact, I haven’t watched it recently. I need to remedy that.
    J. A. Baker

Our generation feels really strongly about pop culture.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...