• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best actress to portray Catwoman?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What was your favorite portrayal of Catwoman on screen? This can include versions in animated series and films.

I think for me it was Michelle Pfeiffer. I was just starting to notice the opposite sex at the time that movie came out and she....stirred the imagination. She also added depth to the character that IMO wasn’t really there with earlier versions. She was a good foil to Keaton’s Bruce Wayne/Batman too.

That said, Julie Newmar was pretty good in the 60s series. Eartha Kitt not bad either.

I really like Anne Hathaway but she didn’t have the best chemistry with Christian Bale.

Haven’t seen the newer stuff but Zoe Kravitz is a superbabe. Can’t comment on her acting but I’ve heard she does a good job

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am not sure who did the best job with it, but i think if they had cast fairuza balk in the ninties she would have nailed it...

Lark

I think its been done already though, I know a lot of people dont like the Tim Burton one and it featured The Penguin as much as Catwoman but I think that that was the best.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Probably the one in B:TAS. I didn't like any of the live-action versions. As for actresses today who might do a good job: it should be someone who's athletic, playful, and exudes sex appeal - basically, someone who's hot and dangerous.

Maybe someone like Emily Beecham (only 5 to 8 years younger) or Blake Lively:

Badlands-Widow-2-2.png

1118full-emily-beecham.jpg

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Camren Bicondova & Lili Simmons I like the character arc and growing up with Bruce. I like that she was often the wise beyond her years voice of reason to the people around her, and moreover that when they (of course) didnt listen to her, she was smart and looked out for number one. I like that she was a thief, but she wasnt greedy.

Adrienne Barbeau The animated Series. I liked how Catwoman was always hanging out with Isis the Cat.
9180-193347664.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zoe Kravitz is a decent actor IMO, so that's not really an issue.

Just kinda like... another catwoman? I think 3/7 Batman movies had Catwoman, and she even had her own movie (although it sucked).

I've been kinda loving Spider-Man for at least trotting out villains who aren't the same 3-4 ones that are always used.

I don't remember the batman TV series well. I'm always a fan of Michelle Pfieffer, who is talented, classy, and beautiful. From what i remember, her catwoman had the right amount of quirk/fickleness to it, although it's been years since I've seen the film. I thought Anne Hathaway did a great job too, but yeah -- not much chemistry there with Bale. I am not sure who Bale has chemistry with, now that I'm thinking about it, honestly. He's an obsessive/intense actor but I have trouble seeing him mesh with people well.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Jamie Clayton would be the perfect choice for Catowman. She is the epitome of the modern day femininity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anne Hathaway for some really stupid reasons. Plus, her version actually ended up with Bruce.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am not sure who did the best job with it, but i think if they had cast fairuza balk in the ninties she would have nailed it...

90s Fairuza Balk in a leather cat suit. You're giving 15 year old me a raging boner.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
:notthechildren:
This is why we cant have nice things.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But she's hot. I especially liked her as the she-cat thing in The Island of Doctor Moreau. Don't care if that qualifies as bestiality, would still smash.

:fireplace:

rav3n

This is a career ending role since Catwoman's an oversexualized stereotype or an eye candy side kick. Best of luck to Zoe Kravitz. Hope they bothered to write a script that has some depth to it so this character can be turned around like the Joker.