werewolf of london Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Joker

Anyone else excited about this? He's probably one of my more favorite villains, so I'm very intrigued by this, especially how it appears to be some kind of a riff on Scorsese's King of Comedy (De Niro as a talk show host can't be a coincidence). I think some people are complaining that it's not the "true" origin of the joker (the same thing people said about Nicholson), which is weird, because my understanding from Wikipedia is that he doesn't have a "true" origin. In that sense, I suppose the Dark Knight was the closest.

Oh, and it comes out a day before my birthday. This appears to be a good time for evil clown stories.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes The Cat, Abcdenfp liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

I'm really looking forward to it, the character has always resonated on some level, and this one has a lot of potential from what Ive seen.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

“Bold, devastating and utterly beautiful, Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix have not just reimagined one of the most iconic villains in cinema history, but reimagined the comic book movie itself.”

They are saying that this movie will redefine the entire genre.

I can not wait.. I have always loved Phoenix there is a hollow other worldliness to him . When I have heard he would be playing the joker I got goosebumps.

Jouquin is not afraid to walk entirely into the darkness of the mind . He is one of the only actors I think can.
    blow a kiss to the universe and it is certain to wink at you in return.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    “Bold, devastating and utterly beautiful, Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix have not just reimagined one of the most iconic villains in cinema history, but reimagined the comic book movie itself.”

They are saying that this movie will redefine the entire genre.

I can not wait.. I have always loved Phoenix there is a hollow other worldliness to him . When I have heard he would be playing the joker I got goosebumps.

Jouquin is not afraid to walk entirely into the darkness of the mind . He is one of the only actors I think can.
    I just hope it doesnt break him. Or me this one is gonna be pulling a lot of my strings
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    I just hope it doesnt break him. Or me this one is gonna be pulling a lot of my strings
    Its gonna be close , he does enter the brink of madness , but i do believe he was always close to it so if anyone can pull back from this exploration i do believe its Joaquin. He has a sort of comfort level with Madness.

Its gonna pull at my strings as well. I am seriously debating watching it by myself. We have an Imax here (second largest in the world) and im thinking of just plunking myself upstairs in vip with a bottle of wine and watching the world turn mad.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Sure, I want to see it.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Not going to a theater to see it but I will see it eventually.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

it was fantastic,

an exploration into mental illness and how both the individual and society are interchangeable in being a part of the problem with our current social ills.

it gets to the core of why when we isolate people in our society it perpetuates a situation that is just merely on simmer for the moment.

It also tied together very neatly batman and joker in a much more seamless and understandable way.

in no way does Joker encourage violence IMO . instead it is a movie that dares to finally focus on the very real kind of emotional and mental trauma that would result in a person who happens to fall into role following a series of unfortunate life set back and long suppressed emotional issues.

Amazing work by Phoenix and Phillips.
    Likes The Cat, ??? liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/so

Watching it tonight.

MBTI
    INTP

Very enjoyable. That dude can ACT.

A lot of people are calling it overly triggering and calling on it to be banned, and I can see why- on the drive home from the theater all I could think about was murdering rich people and laughing about it.
    Likes Abcdenfp, ??? liked this post