• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Righteous Gemstones

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I finally finished this show over the weekend. I was laughing non-stop through the last two episodes -- partly the situations (which are just pretty crazy) but also the dialogue, it manages to be hilarious and raunchy all the same time.

Even the redemption angles are a bit more polished than conventional films. I'm not really convinced any of the gemstones have improved except for maybe Eli -- the kids are just a mess. There were some baby steps in there; maybe Judy is the furthest along, after her rambling confession to BJ and his sharpening her like iron, but Jesse's pretty much needing to be dragged kicking and screaming over the finish line before he changes.

I was kinda surprised at how the Scotty plotline turned out with the twist in e8.

I think Mandy is one of my favorite secondary characters -- she has the best outbursts and facial expressions (usually involving shock or outrage). I'm also kinda fond of Keefe and BJ as well -- I love how BJ "mans" up in the final episode.

Edi Patterson can do that gross/cringy/funny better than anyone. She's also in the Between Two Ferns movie - she plays the public access channel manager. I can't even explain her accent - it's hilarious.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edi Patterson can do that gross/cringy/funny better than anyone. She's also in the Between Two Ferns movie - she plays the public access channel manager. I can't even explain her accent - it's hilarious.

She was kinda the breakout star for me in Season 1 -- I vaguely remembered seeing her face before, but I was far more familiar with the other members of the family (Goodman, McBride, DeVine, Goggins). I even started running more into Skyler Gisondo over the last few years (saw him in Booksmart earlier in 2019 and Vacation a few years ago).

She's so great in this.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're not unlike a mafia family.

Anyway, I think my favorite part without a doubt is the We Did It coins.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finally started watching Season 2 of this.

dear god, this show's so damned funny -- and honestly the writing/acting is great. They really nail these people while still making them feel real. It's just giving me awful flashbacks of my time in church community, but still is fun to watch. Might be the most nuanced thing Danny McBride has done. It's neat seeing Eric Roberts act too, with a character I don't think I've seen from him before.

Who the hell was that Power Jesus guy? OMFG

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished Season 2 today.

One of my favorite bits: