• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blasphemy

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Obsessed with bringing terrorist Castor Troy (Andy Samberg) to justice, FBI agent Sean Archer (John Mulaney) tracks down Troy, who has boarded a plane in Los Angeles. After the plane crashes and Troy is severely injured, possibly dead, Archer undergoes surgery to remove his face and replace it with Troy's. As Archer tries to use his disguise to elicit information about a bomb from Troy's brother, Troy awakes from a coma and forces the doctor who performed the surgery to give him Archer's face.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obsessed with bringing terrorist Castor Troy (Andy Samberg) to justice, FBI agent Sean Archer (John Mulaney) tracks down Troy, who has boarded a plane in Los Angeles.

IT'S NOT NICOLAS CAGE. IT COULD BE HEATH LEDGER FOR ALL I FUCKING CARE AND IT WOULD STILL BE WRONG.

The Cat

Staff member
IT'S NOT NICOLAS CAGE. IT COULD BE HEATH LEDGER FOR ALL I FUCKING CARE AND IT WOULD STILL BE WRONG.

I'm trying to make lemonade here, if you still have faith in the major motion picture industry, I honestly dont know what to tell you. Everyone's love for the movies leaves Las Vegas eventually. :shrug:

The Cat

Staff member
honestly there is no meaning in the world anymore..

There there
InfatuatedDopeyGourami-size_restricted.gif

Nicolas Cage works in mysterious ways.

The Cat

Staff member
It's bad enough he never got to play Superman, surely they could have not introduced us to the existential dread induced by a Cageless Face/off.

What next, Vampire's Kiss with FUCKING TOM HANKS?

Do I think its a bad idea to rip the face off the brand? Yes I do, but does it surprise me? Alas the part of me that could feel such pleasantries died with Firefly. I just hope Nic Cage keeps making movies, because I dont think Ill get enough of him in his lifetime. We've all lost something in the reboot wars. The best we can do is survive. Survive and remember the way it really was. Not how the machine wants us to remember. Stay Strong Jules. WWNCD?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do I think its a bad idea to rip the face off the brand? Yes I do, but does it surprise me? Alas the part of me that could feel such pleasantries died with Firefly. I just hope Nic Cage keeps making movies, because I dont think Ill get enough of him in his lifetime. We've all lost something in the reboot wars. The best we can do is survive. Survive and remember the way it really was. Not how the machine wants us to remember. Stay Strong Jules. WWNCD?

but all i can see is satan laughing, spreading his wings.

The Cat

Staff member
but all i can see is satan laughing, spreading his wings.

Im taking it hard too. That movie was instrumental in my development. I learned the true meaning of friendship in that movie. But we need to be strong. That's what Nic Cage taught me in Face Off. Just because you wake up from a coma without a face, doesnt mean you have to lose heart, sometimes these little setbacks are actually opportunities in disguise. With a little positive thinking and some gasoline, you can get by with a little help from your friends.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Im taking it hard too. That movie was instrumental in my development. I learned the true meaning of friendship in that movie. But we need to be strong. That's what Nic Cage taught me in Face Off. Just because you wake up from a coma without a face, doesnt mean you have to lose heart, sometimes these little setbacks are actually opportunities in disguise. With a little positive thinking and some gasoline, you can get by with a little help from your friends.

What if we had a Nicolas Cage cinematic universe? That is, all Nicolas Cage movies would be connected.