User Tag List

First 12

I am The Cat; who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me...
    The Cat is a fey, mercurial thing, given to fits of pique, moody silences, and eerie displays.

Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A hybrid dystopia of Dark City (but with Sphynx cats as vessels for “The Strangers”), and elements of Altered Carbon (particularly the ability to acquire new “sleeves,” as old ones wear out, be they organic or synthetic). Few more layers of mix n’ match options, with injectable (real/artificial) memories, as well as hard cortical stacks in the mess. Some AI running around (as in Altered Carbon) could add some community fun, too.

I’d also require these specific species of Muppet to live in whatever sewage system exists there— just to keep something silly (but still murderous) around:

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Helicopters been buzzing the houses the last few little bits of a week. I often imagine that cities will become big into districting. Id's required to get from one district to another, id validity determined by how many meow meow beans you have banked in your social apps, because that's the rule and guide for our faith and practice. If you dont want to be a part of that, your outside the walls of the civilization, living in the cobbled together ruins of unincoperated housing, where's there's rolling brown outs, frequent black outs, and the police only come to make examples of the "lawless outcasts" so that the people in the cities get to keep pretending that justice works, so they continue to capitulate to slavers with nice campaign smiles.
    The rest of us live in a more uncomfortable sort of new frontier, where the law of the jungle and survival of the maddest seems to make the most sense. Waves of new modern primitives crop up, gangs are the law and order, forced to take an interest in the communities they claim to protect, the once criminals are not the agreed upon police of the outlands, and perhaps shocking to some, theyre doing their job with honor.

The rest of us, get by on whatever our talents are, without fucking our own over, but those city rubes are free game. Just don't do anything shitty enough to bring back heat home, outside the walls, because they'll airstrike first, then airstrike second, because they don't want to answer any questions.
    The Cat is a fey, mercurial thing, given to fits of pique, moody silences, and eerie displays.

Let's talk about Dark City for a moment....

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

Let's talk about Dark City for a moment....
    Yeah. This is exactly what happened when the movie came out the first time. There was just you in the theater. In another city there was just @Lexicon This film is so underrated.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    A hybrid dystopia of Dark City (but with Sphynx cats as vessels for “The Strangers”), and elements of Altered Carbon (particularly the ability to acquire new “sleeves,” as old ones wear out, be they organic or synthetic). Few more layers of mix n’ match options, with injectable (real/artificial) memories, as well as hard cortical stacks in the mess. Some AI running around (as in Altered Carbon) could add some community fun, too.

I’d also require these specific species of Muppet to live in whatever sewage system exists there— just to keep something silly (but still murderous) around:

Have you ever seen the Happy Time Murders? That a film about a society with a sub class of muppets (or puppets as they call them, for copy right reasons).
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

The archeture should be both towering, and imposing but also aesthetically pleasing enough to somehow keep just enough hope that people keep feeding the machine with their lives. Gothic archeture should mingle with Art Deco.

Religion for the most part should have adapted to the corperate government game and gothic cathedrals are cyclopean in scale designed to make parishoners feel like cosmic ants as they come to worship a God that is too big to simply personify. Differing religions have now become different denominations in the same faith to the God of many Faces. Crystals and their multiple facets have become universally used as spiritual and scientific unifyers for those who wish to buy into that of course.

With the unification of religions into one, there are still cults and fringe extremist sects. The corperation consortium of cours has found ways to capitalize on this. So to has the government, at this point there are two faces of the government, the public face, which is the pagentry of the press, the various public outreach ministries, the Reality show esque quality of cspan bringing all access to the lives and drama of pubic officials has humanized them in the eyes of the public. And because the roads are clean, the water is drinkable and there is enough food, and the economy is stable, that's honestly enough for the vox populai. The private face is of course no face at all the machine runs itself seemingly at this point. Permissive blabber jabber from the public faces and a loosining of long held personal restrictions such as blanket legalization of controlled subtances in certain places, legalizing sex work, and lowering the drinking age to 18 along with compulsive military service upon completion of secondary school regardless of gender. A sense of cynical civic pride is fostered over the years. Everyone compartmentalizes their politics. Science replaces military spending as the focus of the political parties due to the relative stability of the machine at this point. People would rather suck up the minor inconviences than wait on hold. Plus the military experience raises the threshold for irritation with minor shit. A lot of shit seems minor in the face of a global resource crisis.

After florida and california become small islands and nobody is fighting each other openly about who's God has bigger muscles, science is really turned loose. It's almost too late, and in many ways it is. Much that was is lost. Much of what is for us today, is lost by this point. the oceans are no longer unexplored, underwater research facilities have given way to underwater aquaculture facilities where the worlds fish supply are managed and the oceans resources are being attempted to be stabalized. The moon has a colony, but is basically earth's main space station. Colonization of mars is underway with plans to build another space station as a jumping off point to track asteroids and manage deeper space exploration .

The human genome has been mapped, so things like gender, aging, obesity, are matters of choice from a scientific point of view.

Oh certainly there's horrors and tragedy intersperced all through this, but most people, are tired, and they dont really want to deal with that, and thanks to all the abundant options for distraction from all the things they cant control. They dont have to.

Most people go along to get along.

And the gears of the machine grind on.

Some find ways of profiting from the machine.

A Few try to destroy the machine, put things back like it was, in the "good old days" or try to break the chains for a brighter future, whatever, and the machine is content to grind their impotent anger and flesh to bloody pulp to lubricate it's cogs. The machine never stops.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have you ever seen the Happy Time Murders? That a film about a society with a sub class of muppets (or puppets as they call them, for copy right reasons).
    I’ve heard of it (in passing, yrs ago/forgot its existence til your post), but I’ve never watched it.

Time to add that to my list of shut-in movies!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.