• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reliquary of The Rare, Ridiculous & Really Damn Weird - NOW OPEN

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Welcome to TypoC’s newest exhibition gallery- showcasing the odd, obscure, creepy and downright ridiculously regrettable artifacts of yesteryear that most would much prefer to forget, or ideally never encounter at all.

Admission is free.

Donations are not only welcomed but encouraged. Here, you may deposit any strange bit of art, media, machinery, architecture, fashion, invention, (etc) - providing their origin is prior to the year 2000.

The more bizarre, the better.

I’ll start things off with this nightmarish contribution, passed along to me by a dear friend:
(Animation, The Peanut Vendor, circa 1933)

Enjoy!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modern fast food adverts have always been offputting. Sort of manipulative with their catchy jingles, trying their hardest to be hip and with it. Fun characters to attract the kiddies.

Bit scary, when you think about it.

Back in the Good Ol’ Days, fast food adverts were just as scary— albeit in a different manner.

I give you the original Ronald McDonald from the 1960s.

Costume supplied directly from the dumpster:

This is like the opening of a Law & Order SVU episode:

Just... why?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I had a doll which talked and said certain things, like that she was tired or asked you to sing to her. She never worked quite right. A few times in the middle of the night, she switched on and asked to be fed, freaking everyone in the house out.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
6f314fe7d687384a3618bea467d80071.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a doll which talked and said certain things, like that she was tired or asked you to sing to her. She never worked quite right. A few times in the middle of the night, she switched on and asked to be fed, freaking everyone in the house out.

*shudder*
Reminds me of Talky Teena from that episode from The Twilight Zone, “Living Doll.”

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Wasn't there something like that on Shining Time Station? I seem to remember a creepy animatronic band, there, too. Although I think in that case, they were nightmarish simulacrums of humans, rather than fauna.

As for my contribution:

Note to creature desginers: whenever you give a creature an exposed brain, it's impossible for it to not also look like a giant ball-sack.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As for my contribution:

That’s from the computer virus episode on Are You Afraid of The Dark! :happy2:
Technically not prior to 1990, but now I’m considering amending it to prior to 2000.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That’s from the computer virus episode of Are You Afraid of The Dark! :happy2:
Technically not prior to 1990, but now I’m considering amending it to prior to 2000.

Oh, I missed the fine print. I owe the reliquary another.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4660]Julius_Van_Der_Beak[/MENTION] - I already changed the fine print to prior to 2000, so, you’re paid up.

The 90s were about 20yrs ago... that’s far back enough for ‘vintage,’ imo. There’s some gloriously terrible stuff buried in that decade.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Glad this cosmetic contraption never took off:

1920s
11a.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I love how NONE of the kids appear to be enjoying these.. things.. at all.

I can’t imagine how many head injuries occurred from those. :shock: