• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reliquary of The Rare, Ridiculous & Really Damn Weird - NOW OPEN

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So wait, this was all filmed in California? That's even crazier. I guess it's not like either lions or tigers are native to California.

Yeah, they had trouble finding enough trained big cats, so they slowly accumulated them explicitly for the film. After filming, the Shambala Preserve was established & is still maintained as a big cat sanctuary, so... that’s a plus, at least.
Official site: The Shambala Preserve presented by The Roar Foundation

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nifty invention from the late 19th century:

The baby cage

I guess that's safer than the Michael Jackson method. :wizfreak:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The end is the worst.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love House On the Rock. One of my favorite things there is this 19th century lady's prosthetic leg gun (in a section full of weird weapons). I have a lot of favorite things there though.

This is from a 1975 made-for-TV movie called Trilogy Of Terror. If I'm remembering correctly, it started the beginning of certain kinds of shows only being broadcast after 8 or 9 pm because so many parents called in to complain about it scaring their children. I saw it a couple years ago and had "holy crap, this is that show!!" deja vu. I grew up with certain scary images in my head, with no idea where they came from (regardless of how funny this is by today's standards).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Warning: Contains claymation genitals.

I gotta say, I'm very impressed by the animation skills. I feel like the various movements are relatively lifelike within the confines of the medium. Claymation's interesting because where traditional animation is a series of drawings/painitings, claymation is a series of sculptures.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I gotta say, I'm very impressed by the animation skills. I feel like the various movements are relatively lifelike within the confines of the medium. Claymation's interesting because where traditional animation is a series of drawings/painitings, claymation is a series of sculptures.

That's some Sp/Sx shit right there.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:happy2: I love this guy’s stuff! Saw this series a decade ago:

Absolutely belongs here.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh, I saw his Faust in college.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This creepy/hilarious gadget from the 1950s belongs here.

Massage your “gums.” Sure. :thelook:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Friend emailed me this screenshot. I figure it belongs here:

ULH5hvs.jpg

:shock:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Population control has always existed in fashion and architecture, I'm betting food is the current modus operandi. Welcome to my mind. There's no turning back.

The Cat

Staff member
The dress at left is basically my favorite color, so I'd have been screwed if given the resources. Go figure. ;)

The needs of the many deadpan. Your inclination to self sacrifice for the continued evolution of the human race and preservation of the ecosystem has been duly noted *Hands you a ticket good for one favorite colored dress to be redeemed at your nearest government facility.* I'm starting a new conspiracy theory on population control. Want in on the ground floor? It'll be possibly fun and potentially distracting from the enneui of existence, while giving paranoid folks like me and Lark the screaming willies. :shock: [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] I'm starting a new consipracy theory want in?

The Cat

Staff member
A Fiji mermaid for your house warming!
1280px-thumbnail.jpg