MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Arrrrrgh.
    Rick and Morty is a show following Doc and Marty from Back to the Future on adventures through time and space, except Doc is an asshole and Marty is a wimp, and there's a lot more black humor and absurdism. I've always had a soft spot for media about eccentric scientists/ inventors.

This is the clip that got me into the show:

It doesn't give you a sense of the dynamic between the characters, but it does give you a sense of the sci-fi tinged absurdism. What is a plumbus? We don't know, and it's impossible to figure out, but the clip acts as though everyone knows what they are and what they do. So we get treated to a nonsensical "how it gets made" documentary of some alien doodad.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Rick and Morty is a show following Doc and Marty from Back to the Future on adventures through time and space, except Doc is an asshole and Marty is a wimp, and there's a lot more black humor and absurdism. I've always had a soft spot for media about eccentric scientists/ inventors.

It doesn't give you a sense of the dynamic between the characters, but it does give you a sense of the sci-fi tinged absurdism. What is a plumbus? We don't know, and it's impossible to figure out, but the clip acts as though everyone knows what they are and what they do. So we get treated to a nonsensical "how it gets made" documentary of some alien doodad.
    That episode is about channel hopping and there are those "how are they made" shows on digital and regular channels, my dad used to watch them and the channels of people building sheds or doing woodwork projects in time lapsed fashion, so it is that premise but made weird.

That's one of the cool things about the show, like good books it gets people to appreciate the mundane or everyday by lifting it and subjecting it to scrutiny by making it weird and making you think about it afresh or anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post

I loathe those types of cartoon shows, drawing the characters so they look like they were run over by a bus and bringing in voices that make you want to slap the show's producer. Beavis and Butthead. The Simpsons. Et al. "How something gets made" may interest me depending on the topic, but not when it's presented in a cartoon. Different strokes for different folks.

I loathe those types of cartoon shows, drawing the characters so they look like they were run over by a bus and bringing in voices that make you want to slap the show's producer. Beavis and Butthead. The Simpsons. Et al. "How something gets made" may interest me depending on the topic, but not when it's presented in a cartoon. Different strokes for different folks.
    I liked both Beavis and Butthead and The Simpsons, did you ever watch King of The Hill?

Cartoons can be hit and miss as I dont really like Family Guy and its spin offs or American Dad.

Rick and Morty is a bigger thing I would say but you know.

It came out and then I think it was some how dormant for years and years building a cult following the whole time, then the next season finally came out, there were ads for a long time and even one featuring the Simpsons, they are talking the next season could arrive in November some time but they are keeping it sort of vague too.

Some of the content in the show and then there's this video game created by the dude who created it and that Jack Black promoted on youtube which contains similar humour, anyway, some of the content has made me think the dude who created it is mad, I mean really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I liked both Beavis and Butthead and The Simpsons, did you ever watch King of The Hill?
    I knew you were going to say that.

No, I never watched King.

I knew you were going to say that.

No, I never watched King.
    I thought it was a good show.

Its different to a lot of animated shows as it is more like a situational drama than a situational comedy. I know a lot of people thought it was deliberately hokey but it had a certain charm and I liked it a lot. The very last season as exclusively digital, which I actually thought was a shame, I'd collected the rest of the seasons on physical copy. They did a proper finish to it though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    Rick is one of the smartest characters that was ever written,common sense and heighten intelligence,yet he does nothing with it except cause chaos and pain to everyone around him. He could have been a somebody,but he chose to be a nobody. He could easily be rich and contribute so much to society and make the world a better place. When it comes down to it, what's the point of knowledge if you do nothing with it or you do not help the other person
    I doubt Ryan Ridley and Dan Guterman are on this forum.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

" 'Cause life's a game, life's a joke
    Fuck it, why not go for broke?
    Trade in all your chips and learn how to be free
    Why abstain? Why jump in line?
    We're all living on borrowed time
    So do what you like
    And we'll like what you do when you do it
    And if they don't that's fine
    Fuck 'em!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I know there is quite the obsession with this show but I've never been inclined to enjoy it much.
    Fearsome hearts, I wouldn't lie
    I got memories that travels my mind
    Fear not, fear not when you go
    I got pieces of your hate in my soul
    Look at me now
    I'm falling apart in daylight
    All the pieces that I've lost, I have loved

Formerly: JazzyLarsen, Crystal Winter Dream, Hummingbird Spirit