• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Writing Prompt Thread

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Want to practice your writing? Have an idea you want to see indulged? Share a writing prompt or respond to one here.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(From r/writingprompts)
When offered one wish, you jokingly said that you want to fire proof. You are disappointed to discover that fire still burns you. When you accidentally lit the company breakroom on fire, your boss just laughed it off and you began your new career as the person who can't be fired, ever.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When offered one wish, you jokingly said that you want to fire proof. You are disappointed to discover that fire still burns you. When you accidentally lit the company breakroom on fire, your boss just laughed it off and you began your new career as the person who can't be fired, ever.

Shock overturns every other response I could muster as your boss walks away from you in the parking lot, towards the fire fighters. That's $4,680 of damage you just did to the breakroom with a bag of popcorn. Ironically, one of the only things not completely turned to ash is the laminated sign that says not to use the popcorn button. The office will be closed for at least two weeks. How is this something he can just laugh off?

"Your wish." The genie says from behind you and it finally snaps you out of your stupor.

"My wish?" You parrot back, and the genie nods patiently.

"You asked to be fire proof and here you are. It is now impossible to fire you." You look at the scar on your hand. Genies are supposed to be smart asses, sure, but this is next level. Why didn't he clarify this before you tried eating that shrimp straight from the grill? So what? You are guaranteed a paycheck? You no longer have to work? Does being fired also include being laid off? Does this mean all you have to do is find a really high paying job and get them to hire you, never to show up again to get unlimited cash?

Contemplating this brings your attention to Melissa, a coworker you aren't particularly fond of. Being buddy-buddy with the boss, she has a nasty habit of pushing her work onto other people and then taking credit for it. After all, the only thing worse than middle management is someone on the same level as you pretending to be middle management. "Hey, Melissa," you start to say. She seems really calm about the office being out of commission. She hums in response. "I think you're really shitty for how you treat new hires and I don't feel bad for you anytime you come up with a sob story for why you trick people into doing your job for you," She blinks. "Also those skirts you wear make you look fantastic and you should wear them more often. You might as well be good to look at since you aren't fucking doing anything."

The words feel like venom as they leave your mouth. How can so few sentences produce so much satisfaction? And worse, how so much satisfaction be wrapped in this much guilt? You feel great-- powerful even-- but shitty all at the same time.

"Oh you!" She rolls her eyes and goes back to her phone, texting about the fire.

Oh no... You really, truly can get away with anything in terms of work.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Original writing prompt here, on the spot:

(5 sentence limit) It’s been 10 years since you saw your entire family murdered: your parents, your baby sister and your pet snake. Now, you’re a trained assassin out for revenge... but what you don’t realize is that your “boss” is the one who killed them all. How do you find out the truth?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's an original writing prompt, or well my style of a prompt. I'll give you a word, that's it.

Rose.

Have fun...

Tengri

This subreddit goes through fits and spurts of really creative little lead-ins. I have a few personal favorites on there, too.

Blue foxfire hums against the stagnant, darkling air. A glowering sunset glints against carven spear hafts, spears prickling up from the heath, as stragglers trail up a maze of cairns leading to an outcrop from which sickly curls of smoke rise from cooking fires. With their backs against the rising earth, the men count their blessings and their dead: wondering what the stars foretell and who will wake for tomorrow's battles.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(from r/writingprompts)

You’ve become so good at lucid dreaming, you can slip into it every night, and have the greatest adventures with godlike powers. One day you notice that you’re starting to be able to alter your waking reality as well...

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(from ReedsyPrompts)

Write about someone keeping track of time with tally marks on a wall— until one day they discover that all the marks are gone.