User Tag List

Default How does love work?

This is not a general question about love (I'm not meaning to trick you with the title) so much as it is about what books have you read on the topic? Do you consider there to be any authorities on the topic?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

no
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Love works through menstrual bonding.

Both males and females have a menstrual cycle, only the amplitude of women's menstrual cycle is higher than men's. And of course men have no menses, but men's bodies go through the same cycle as women.

We fall in love when our menstrual cycles are in synch. And interestingly when we are in olfactory contact for a substantial period, our menstrual cycles start cycling together. and we form menstrual bonding to prepare us for the care and raising of children.

The medical research on menstrual bonding was carries out by the Walter and Eliza Medical Institute in Melbourne, Australia.

Glad that the people who dont get the thread got their posts in early.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    When you say "work" what do you mean .. the mechanism of it? My favorite description of love is akin to the velveteen rabbits segment on what is "real"
    "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
    "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
    "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."
    "Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"
    "It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    When you say "work" what do you mean .. the mechanism of it? My favorite description of love is akin to the velveteen rabbits segment on what is "real"
    "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
    "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
    "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."
    "Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"
    "It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
    I was really just looking for people's recommended reads on the topic and used a title I thought would interest people enough to read the thread.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    EXFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

I bought a book on this subject years ago. I read it twice. It is made of more than 250 pages.

I draw a conclusion it is biological and chemical.

ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Dare observing your shadows (50 shades of darkness) for your own well-being Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Lol..sorry but for what your really asking I have no contribution. Except maybe sperm wars was an interesting read on mate selection but that is not really "love" which is what your asking for.