• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Avengers Endgame

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SPOILER BAN LIFTED A WEEK AGO..

..Sooooooooooo

So Sharon Carter never shows up in this film, after a few movies setting up a potential relationship between her and Steve.
(I guess considering how everything goes down, that might have been a bit ... awkward.)

Related to this, as far as the time-jumping stuff goes, it sounds like the writers didn't understand it either. They made it really clear (well, clear as mud) that changing the past doesn't change the present...?) Yet, when Steve goes back and lives through his life again, he doesn't live that out in an alternate reality; he ages in and appears in the same reality that he left despite time traveling and living a different life that should have made an alternate branch.

Avengers: Endgame Writers Confirm Identity of Peggy Carter's Husband

Some fans have tried to give the writers a pass by making excuses, and then they admitted that they actually DID mean that the nameless husband Peggy describes to "now Steve" was, well, Steve.

Which means Steve is really Uncle Steve, to Sharon Carter. But... how wouldn't she know... when dating... but I guess they never started to date...? And... I'm confused.

Anyway, it's why I'm not fond of this kind of time travel stuff. It kills the emotional content and muddies the plotting.

---

And I think I mentioned before, but it looks most probable that Tony grabbed the stones via his shifting / nanotech suit. I just wish they had set it up a bit more carefully previously in the film, where Tony incorporates something on the fly into his suit. We did see the hand resizing for the Hulk and for Thanos, but I think it would have been simple enough to insert a quick moment in plot where the suit adjusts on the fly to incorporate something outside itself or moves stuff from another suit to Tony's. It would have justified this as the "power move." You'll see this happen in other films where the writers/director thought it all out, they set up examples to justify/explain a later plot point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So anyway...

I was just realizing last week that the Infinity Stones are eradicated from our timeline, right? Thanos wiped them, so we had to borrow some from the past (which would have shunted into a new timeline), but then they were all returned to the point where they were taken.... so they continued to exist until...

... damn, well, Thanos never destroys everything in this timeline because it was changed, so we're really in another timeline? So the stones do exist? I'm getting lost again. It's important because in Endgame the prior Mystical Arts Master insists that the infinity stones have to continue to exist or things go bad.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
So anyway...

I was just realizing last week that the Infinity Stones are eradicated from our timeline, right? Thanos wiped them, so we had to borrow some from the past (which would have shunted into a new timeline), but then they were all returned to the point where they were taken.... so they continued to exist until...

... damn, well, Thanos never destroys everything in this timeline because it was changed, so we're really in another timeline? So the stones do exist? I'm getting lost again. It's important because in Endgame the prior Mystical Arts Master insists that the infinity stones have to continue to exist or things go bad.

They're always after his lucky charms.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leaks of Future Past : MarvelStudiosSpoilers

I'm going to make a post of things I have picked up over the past few years. Some of it is outdated by now, but I still find it interesting, and I hope you do too.

For verification I would submit my post history. To my knowledge, I had the most complete and accurate rundown of Endgame prior to it coming out. I took a long time off from posting and am back know for reasons I won't share as it could identify me. My situation is the same as my last post: I work in a situation where sometimes I am in position to hear or see things that cross my desk, so to speak. You are free to believe me, or not. It doesn't bother me either way, lol. Here is what I got, and again, it is randomly collected from over the years, but I will attempt to put it in linear order that I found out myself...

it is an interesting read and sounds credible, I guess he also talked to the mods to confirm where he would have access to the information.

Here is what the poster said about Endgame on April 10, 2019. (the film released on April 26.) it's off on one or two things (mainly who gets what stones) but admits it was a lot of information to listen to and it's possible he jumbled up the groups (which was the case). But gets a lot of stuff right, unique details, in the right order, to verify it's a pretty legitimate leak.

The Cat

Staff member
Leaks of Future Past : MarvelStudiosSpoilers

it is an interesting read and sounds credible, I guess he also talked to the mods to confirm where he would have access to the information.

Here is what the poster said about Endgame on April 10, 2019. (the film released on April 26.) it's off on one or two things (mainly who gets what stones) but admits it was a lot of information to listen to and it's possible he jumbled up the groups (which was the case). But gets a lot of stuff right, unique details, in the right order, to verify it's a pretty legitimate leak.

also they kept inisting of the fact that it was only hear say; for some reason to me that adds credibility somehow...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also they kept inisting of the fact that it was only hear say; for some reason to me that adds credibility somehow...

Yeah, the description was qualified heavily, with soft spots admitted.

For being "hearsay," it was pretty good hearsay honestly even if it was only two weeks before release.

So it's interesting to hear what Phase 4 plans might be, as well as for FF / Dr. Doom and so on.

I still think Holland's overall been the best Peter Parker, although Maguire was the second best -- it's just he was too old for the part honestly. (He was 27 when Spiderman came out.) Holland's the only one that actually feels like a bona fide teenager, although he was 21 when Spiderman came out -- technically, though he was only 19 when his first appearance (Avengers Civil War) released.

I have no fears about X-men eventually coming out, but yeah, they tend to start them on parallel tracks, then eventually meld them into the Avengers sequencing. Just not sure what the Avengers will look like at this time.

It would be nice if they followed up more on Wanda and Vision.

The Cat

Staff member
Yeah, the description was qualified heavily, with soft spots admitted.

For being "hearsay," it was pretty good hearsay honestly even if it was only two weeks before release.

So it's interesting to hear what Phase 4 plans might be, as well as for FF / Dr. Doom and so on.

I still think Holland's overall been the best Peter Parker, although Maguire was the second best -- it's just he was too old for the part honestly. (He was 27 when Spiderman came out.) Holland's the only one that actually feels like a bona fide teenager, although he was 21 when Spiderman came out -- technically, though he was only 19 when his first appearance (Avengers Civil War) released.

I have no fears about X-men eventually coming out, but yeah, they tend to start them on parallel tracks, then eventually meld them into the Avengers sequencing. Just not sure what the Avengers will look like at this time.

It would be nice if they followed up more on Wanda and Vision.

I wasnt a fan of MacGuire. even before the spiderman 3 controversy. TM just doesnt resonate with me...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasnt a fan of MacGuire. even before the spiderman 3 controversy. TM just doesnt resonate with me...

I felt like he got the Peter Parker bit / introspective moral goodness aspect right. Spiderman's always been a "good" idealistic hero, not a shaded / darker one.