MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

SPOILER BAN LIFTED A WEEK AGO..

..Sooooooooooo

So Sharon Carter never shows up in this film, after a few movies setting up a potential relationship between her and Steve.
    (I guess considering how everything goes down, that might have been a bit ... awkward.)

Related to this, as far as the time-jumping stuff goes, it sounds like the writers didn't understand it either. They made it really clear (well, clear as mud) that changing the past doesn't change the present...?) Yet, when Steve goes back and lives through his life again, he doesn't live that out in an alternate reality; he ages in and appears in the same reality that he left despite time traveling and living a different life that should have made an alternate branch.

Avengers: Endgame Writers Confirm Identity of Peggy Carter's Husband

Some fans have tried to give the writers a pass by making excuses, and then they admitted that they actually DID mean that the nameless husband Peggy describes to "now Steve" was, well, Steve.

Which means Steve is really Uncle Steve, to Sharon Carter. But... how wouldn't she know... when dating... but I guess they never started to date...? And... I'm confused.

Anyway, it's why I'm not fond of this kind of time travel stuff. It kills the emotional content and muddies the plotting.

---

And I think I mentioned before, but it looks most probable that Tony grabbed the stones via his shifting / nanotech suit. I just wish they had set it up a bit more carefully previously in the film, where Tony incorporates something on the fly into his suit. We did see the hand resizing for the Hulk and for Thanos, but I think it would have been simple enough to insert a quick moment in plot where the suit adjusts on the fly to incorporate something outside itself or moves stuff from another suit to Tony's. It would have justified this as the "power move." You'll see this happen in other films where the writers/director thought it all out, they set up examples to justify/explain a later plot point.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So anyway...

I was just realizing last week that the Infinity Stones are eradicated from our timeline, right? Thanos wiped them, so we had to borrow some from the past (which would have shunted into a new timeline), but then they were all returned to the point where they were taken.... so they continued to exist until...

... damn, well, Thanos never destroys everything in this timeline because it was changed, so we're really in another timeline? So the stones do exist? I'm getting lost again. It's important because in Endgame the prior Mystical Arts Master insists that the infinity stones have to continue to exist or things go bad.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    So anyway...

I was just realizing last week that the Infinity Stones are eradicated from our timeline, right? Thanos wiped them, so we had to borrow some from the past (which would have shunted into a new timeline), but then they were all returned to the point where they were taken.... so they continued to exist until...

... damn, well, Thanos never destroys everything in this timeline because it was changed, so we're really in another timeline? So the stones do exist? I'm getting lost again. It's important because in Endgame the prior Mystical Arts Master insists that the infinity stones have to continue to exist or things go bad.
    They're always after his lucky charms.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    They're always after his lucky charms.
    ...wait for it....

....wait for it....

Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    ...wait for it....

....wait for it....

Brad Williams is amazing