User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP

id either go into music from the start, or stay in computers but become a professor instead of a career programmer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I was just talking about this the other night with a friend, about how originally I had intended to do an MBBS/PhD, but because my parents didn't approve, instead I studied science. Still ended up with the PhD, but one of the things that.. I wouldn't say regret, but that I still wonder "what if" about is the MBBS.

My friend reckons that given my personality, work ethic, and need to improve systems, that I would've been bored with practicing medicine and would've decided to leave anyway. She thinks I would've still gotten on to the same path that I'm currently on, regardless. But it's hard to say. Looking back, I really don't regret any of my decisions, because I made them given the options available at that time, and got a lot out of everything that I did. Nothing's perfect, and if I hadn't made the mistakes that I did, perhaps I wouldn't have found what I wanted to do, or gained the self-confidence to actually chase my dreams.
    "How badly did you have to break it to make it care about people so much?"
    "That didn't break it. It's what made it work."

5w6 1w9 2w1, sp/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w9

I wish I had done an MGIS degree after my initial degree. I love maps so much.

I was told I would never make any money with that degree so it wasn't worth doing. That was 2002, before anything like Google Maps existed and between that and all the other mapping that's happened since then, I probably could have made some money - doing something I enjoy immensely.

That or Art History.
    ”Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Not being born with asthma and epilepsy that tarred my childhood and contributed to my slow and poor development.

PS: Not that there aren't much worse situations and conditions, but they prevented me from doing a great deal at the time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't really believe in looking back and saying, "Oh, I'd do this differently...." BUT, if I could be Indiana Jones, I would.
    “Note to self: Don’t seek to be relevant, or liked, seek to be undeniable. Seek to be compassionate. Seek integrity. Seek humility. Seek Light.”
    johari | nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

i would have set myself up into a real career instead of flitting from art thing to art thing. either that or been more willing to just jump in 100% and be fine with drowning. as it is i am too much of a half jumper, half standing on the cliff forever seeking the void to really have committed one way or the other.

now that i am older and possibly wiser trying to revert course is much more difficult than the better fluidity of being young and unattached and with no real strings on my limbs yet.

so would have gone into health care with the goal of being someone with autonomy and knowledge together. as it was, i was unprepared for such a commitment when i was younger and now that i have more belief and understanding of myself it is better. although i would probably still go back and make the same whimiscal mistakes chasing my internal willowisp that i did the first time.