• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there any easier way to do complex rational expressions?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I am reviewing an algebra 2 book before I take pre-cal next semester. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do complex rational expressions? I can do it but I find it quite tedious to do. This is probably the most annoying algebra chapter out there. I can do it but I was wondering if there is an easier method. Will I be encountering complex rational expressions very often in upper level maths?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am reviewing an algebra 2 book before I take pre-cal next semester. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do complex rational expressions? I can do it but I find it quite tedious to do. This is probably the most annoying algebra chapter out there. I can do it but I was wondering if there is an easier method. Will I be encountering complex rational expressions very often in upper level maths?
What do you mean by "do" complex rational expressions? What are you trying to do with them? Can you give some examples?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
They seem simple enough. Just put the top and bottom of the expression over the same denominator and cancel out the denominators. ?

You won't encounter them much but you should know instinctively how to solve them imo.

I'd never heard of them before, but it's just algebra. ?

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
I don't think there's an easier way to do it. I haven't taken other math classes yet, but complex rational expressions are all over calculus.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Thank you for the replies. Sorry I replied so late. I don't think there is a shortcut.