User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you are as talented as you think and not having delusions of grandeur, a smart manager will leave you alone to do your thing.
    As has been the case- except with a small handful of incompetent freaks with control issues. Suffice to say, getting rid of them was easy. They did most of the work towards that end.

Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Neither I prefer Team workers

Permabanned

I've always thought that micromanagement is just a form of managerial incompetence. Speaking from personal experience as someone who has micromanaged and has been micromanaged. It's an inefficient approach to work. Micromanaging and guiding/teaching are two different things.
    Likes wildmoon liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    I do not like to be micromanaged and I rarely use that management style. however i have seen senarios where its necessary but its usually when a person is in a position thats not suited for them and their superior has a project that the outcome relects heavily on them and they dont believe in the persons ability to complete the job and so they micromanage. However if you have the ability to build your own team and move staff around, there should be no need for this style.
    I agree. Micromanaging can be necessary with certain employees; especially if they haven't built up any credibility or trustworthiness that they are actually able to deliver or doing the job at all.

I have always pretty proactively gotten things done or done things of my own accord that I knew needed doing, before needing to be told to do it. But, though someone checking in on me or highly micromanaging me might be highly irritating, I don't think it would impact me hugely otherwise since my own style tends to be on top of things anyway, so ... the micromanager wouldn't have much to pester me about iow and would probably eventually mostly leave me alone.

I prefer clarity over no direction whatsoever, so...wherever that lands me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Delegators. The worst homeowners I work for are the ones who have to pick everything apart and second guess everything I have to do. I can still work with these people, but firm boundaries have to be set up in order for the both of us to function capably.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I don't.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

11/10 times, I'm the one irritated with the incompetence of others, including those above me. They should put me in charge for just one day...

There are SUPERVISORS who have been here ages who DON'T KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER A PHONE CALL.

I can't even with this place.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is true. Same as some need that office environment/camaraderie/part of a team mentality too - working remotely isn't an attractive option.
    This rings true for me. As much of a strongly introverted individual I can be at times, the more I've learned about myself, the more I've realized I'm ultimately a people person. In order to keep me engaged, I need to be able to bounce ideas off people and feed off the energy of the room.

Once upon a time I thought I'd be happy working remotely with minimal contact with others, and while I'd probably initially enjoy it, I know deep down that in order for me to keep focused that I require the presence of other, more diligent people to be around me.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Neither. I dislike antish way of thinking/working except times that I can have a lot of respect for the supervisor in question. Office work is not for me, I am much more efficient working alone, doing my own thing.
    "The pansy at my feet
    Doth the same tale repeat:
    Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
    Where is it now, the glory and the dream?"

ex Glados.
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

In the early stages of a project or job I might appear to have extremely comprehension of abstraction, and this stage is a wall of fear because I know how this comes across to some people, but after this stage, the mechanical questions stop and I do imagine and create new things independently, bouncing off this solid framework. If the leader and I are especially different and a tension emerges for that reason, I am willing to talk through it - in fact, I will probably initiate.

In my last job, I have received feedback both that I am someone who can do "worker bee" style abnormally fast (once I have the workflow nailed down) and am a competent investigator who will find and fix little lynchpins in a more abstract project that the requester didn't even know they needed. In all of my jobs, I have always found my place although it's not always the first process I am placed in.

If this sounds defensive, it is because as a child, I was mistaken for someone who demands micromanagement.

ISFP
    4w5 1w2 7w6 sx/so