User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 62

  1. #41

    Default

    Now that I understand the situation a little better, it seems you’ve inherited the misfit squad. Nothing like delegating problem employees down the chain. Good luck.
    Likes Avocado liked this post

  2. #42
    The Bat Man highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    21,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    My mom, who I report to directly, has been advising me to talk with them, but that didn’t work, so my mom started looking for other places in the school to put them. My mom’s boss, though, saw she was preparing the paperwork to trade one of my paras for another para and stopped her. She told my mom she’s moved both of the paras around so much because they were causing trouble everywhere and now that she has the two trouble makers isolated in my room, she doesn’t want to move them again...

    ...so I need to make this work at least till next year.
    Then I would go with what @bechimo said and I'd make sure your mom knows what you are doing every step of the way and is in concurrence with your approach. When you have people like this, sometimes the best thing is just to get rid of them. They bring things down for everyone else.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes The Cat, Avocado liked this post

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Then I would go with what @bechimo said and I'd make sure your mom knows what you are doing every step of the way and is in concurrence with your approach. When you have people like this, sometimes the best thing is just to get rid of them. They bring things down for everyone else.
    We took the class on a field trip and the black one had a manic breakdown of some kind and was running around in a crowded public space shouting obscenities and she punched a student. Later when I was reprimanding her, she sexyally assualted me. I submitted my two written statements on the two incidents and she wasn’t in my room today. I asked the head principal if she was reassigned and he said that she’s been assigned to the mail room so she’s not around people. Hopefully she stays out of my room. The principal said several other staff who witnessed her behavior on the trip also filed written statements. Now I just have the white lady, who is still pretty awful, but at least seems mentally stable.

    The black one may be facing criminal charges, now. That may be why I didn’t see her today (even around campus).

    A few days before all this, she wore a super short skirt with no underwear and flashed me, but I didn’t report that. She also had a habit of leaning over my desk with a low cut shirt and I could she her boobs, and I’d been ignoring that...but caressing me and saying “no man’s touched me in 30 years” after I just reprimanded her for her extremely inappropriate and violent behavior warranted filing a second written statement. I question how she’s been out in the world as long as she has.

    Another student was so upset about he saw we had to take him to the school counselor today because he felt guilty that he “caused” the incident and nothing I told him reassured him. The counselor also filed a written statement.

    Is she senile?

    I’m going to rest for a few days before

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Oh.

    I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to senility. Most people with dementia don't do things like that. I'm sorry she assaulted you and scared the kids. Hopefully now you won't have to deal with it on an ongoing basis any longer.

    Are you alright, @Avocado?

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    We took the class on a field trip and the black one had a manic breakdown of some kind and was running around in a crowded public space shouting obscenities and she punched a student. Later when I was reprimanding her, she sexyally assualted me. I submitted my two written statements on the two incidents and she wasn’t in my room today. I asked the head principal if she was reassigned and he said that she’s been assigned to the mail room so she’s not around people. Hopefully she stays out of my room. The principal said several other staff who witnessed her behavior on the trip also filed written statements. Now I just have the white lady, who is still pretty awful, but at least seems mentally stable.

    The black one may be facing criminal charges, now. That may be why I didn’t see her today (even around campus).

    A few days before all this, she wore a super short skirt with no underwear and flashed me, but I didn’t report that. She also had a habit of leaning over my desk with a low cut shirt and I could she her boobs, and I’d been ignoring that...but caressing me and saying “no man’s touched me in 30 years” after I just reprimanded her for her extremely inappropriate and violent behavior warranted filing a second written statement. I question how she’s been out in the world as long as she has.

    Another student was so upset about he saw we had to take him to the school counselor today because he felt guilty that he “caused” the incident and nothing I told him reassured him. The counselor also filed a written statement.

    Is she senile?

    I’m going to rest for a few days before
    All along, I wondered if you were trolling. Now I'm sure you are.

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Oh.

    I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to senility. Most people with dementia don't do things like that. I'm sorry she assaulted you and scared the kids. Hopefully now you won't have to deal with it on an ongoing basis any longer.

    Are you alright, @Avocado?
    A little disturbed, but otherwise yes.
    Likes Metis liked this post

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    All along, I wondered if you were trolling. Now I'm sure you are.
    Whatever, the problem will be over soon hopefully. I’m dealing with it through the proper channels and sanity will be restored, hopefully. Its been a big drama. Its had me dreading what I’d have to deal with next from those two.

  8. #48
    Senior Member mgbradsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    We work for a high school. I’m a teacher and the two women I manage are paraprofessionals. It is their job to handle janitorial and secretarial tasks and help me perform my duties as needed. While I doubt I could get both of them to a coffee shop if I invited them at the same time, I may be able to get them there if I invite them separately. I’m used to being at the bottom of the pyramid and managing other adults is new to me. The moderately mentally retarded children we care fore are pretty compliant this year, but my assistants are making my job harder with their bickering. The children they are hired to help me manage are far better behaved than the paraprofessionals are.
    I almost audibly gasped when I saw that.

    That’s not okay for someone who works with kids to ever say.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Madboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I choose the longsword. (fifth from the left)
    The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience. Patience means restraining one's inclinations. There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience.

    Ieyasu Tokugawa
    Likes The Cat, Population: 1 liked this post

  10. #50
    A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx
    Posts
    14,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madboot View Post
    I choose the longsword. (fifth from the left)
    I picked the, cutlass far right. Back to back we shall stand against the enemy; blades drawn ready to taste the thrill of combat and the glory of battle!


    Boo agrees....
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. What cognitive functions are often confused with each other and how are they confused
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO