User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

have them physically fight each other, and the winner gets to keep their job. make sure to film it for viral internet fame!
    Likes Avocado liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP

The important thing to keep in mind, despite how frustratingly tedious it is, don't let it get to you. Be methodical. Keep a paper trail that shows you've been staying professional in your interactions with them.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond
    & Gentleman Jack

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 4w3 9w8 so/sx

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    What will send a good clear message that I just want them to leave each other alone and their work? I said that already and a day later they were fighting again. One is a 56 year old white lady who has a lot of money because she divorced Ryan Erxleben the Sports Hero, and the other is a 68 year old black lady from a poor background who is a widow of 20 years. I work well with each one on one, but when they are together, they keep fighting and trying to get me to pick a side, and the innanities they want me to referee are rediculous.
    @Starry, what is your experience in managing older immature educated women?
    Oh, so much easier to deal with if you are not emotionally involved with this. Conflict isn't so bad if you can get conflict resolution. Have they had it out with each other? if not it's probably not such a bad idea that they address their issues with each other if it's affecting them/their work/people around them etc.

You could always have a meeting with both of them idk if you are in a super officey official surroundings, you could try to go to a neutral territory, personally i'd prefer a quiet cafe. Let them express their issues, ask them to do so calmly and to try to not focus on the individuals personally but rather the behaviour. If all else fails or you feel it's too much to handle theres also people who are paid to come in and deal with conflict, facilitators.

It depends how you want to deal with it really, I'm not into micro managing people, co operative environments work best for me... here s good resource, it's used for campaign groups but will have some good resources/suggestions/info/guidance etc...

Resources by Seeds for Change
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Aw what the hell, the community is thinking what i'm thinking or am I thinking what the community is thinking!

props to the overly chill music

Bonus:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Blue View Post
    Oh, so much easier to deal with if you are not emotionally involved with this. Conflict isn't so bad if you can get conflict resolution. Have they had it out with each other? if not it's probably not such a bad idea that they address their issues with each other if it's affecting them/their work/people around them etc.

You could always have a meeting with both of them idk if you are in a super officey official surroundings, you could try to go to a neutral territory, personally i'd prefer a quiet cafe. Let them express their issues, ask them to do so calmly and to try to not focus on the individuals personally but rather the behaviour. If all else fails or you feel it's too much to handle theres also people who are paid to come in and deal with conflict, facilitators.
    We work for a high school. I’m a teacher and the two women I manage are paraprofessionals. It is their job to handle janitorial and secretarial tasks and help me perform my duties as needed. While I doubt I could get both of them to a coffee shop if I invited them at the same time, I may be able to get them there if I invite them separately. I’m used to being at the bottom of the pyramid and managing other adults is new to me. The moderately mentally retarded children we care fore are pretty compliant this year, but my assistants are making my job harder with their bickering. The children they are hired to help me manage are far better behaved than the paraprofessionals are.

They are making catty comments to each other about how the other is not working as hard as they are and that they are looking at them. Its very childish and shocking to see in educated older women.
    Firstly, it sounds like there's no clear division of responsibilities. Set that up ASAP. Next, bring them both into your office to inform them of the clear division and that you expect the bickering to stop and if it doesn't stop, then you'll find a way to stop it through the termination of the employees who are creating a hostile work environment. Document the entire discussion and if you really want to push it, have them sign off on their understanding.
    Likes Avocado, highlander, Betty Blue liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Firstly, it sounds like there's no clear division of responsibilities. Set that up ASAP. Next, bring them both into your office to inform them of the clear division and that you expect the bickering to stop and if it doesn't stop, then you'll find a way to stop it through the termination of the employees who are creating a hostile work environment. Document the entire discussion and if you really want to push it, have them sign off on their understanding.
    Funny you typed that, I’m typing up a rotating schedule with responsibilities right now. I’m sure I’ll be editing it a lot. I’ll also meet them after school lets out in my office/classroom (it serves both purposes, depending on the time of day).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

A lot of women just cannot stop competing with each ither.
    It’s one of the most annoying things about being a woman.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

Funny you typed that, I’m typing up a rotating schedule with responsibilities right now. I’m sure I’ll be editing it a lot. I’ll also meet them after school lets out in my office/classroom (it serves both purposes, depending on the time of day).
    So you plan to split them up? You can try that but it won't necessarily solve the problem since they can still apply the whisper campaign and cause dissension in the staff. You have to be very clear of your expectations which includes shutting down gossip where they should leave their emo at the door since they're being paid to be productive by the company and dissension reduces productivity and if productivity's lost whether with them or other staff members, that becomes a tangible loss to the company and that can't happen.
    Likes Avocado, awbro liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    So you plan to split them up? You can try that but it won't necessarily solve the problem since they can still apply the whisper campaign and cause dissension in the staff. You have to be very clear of your expectations which includes shutting down gossip where they should leave their emo at the door since they're being paid to be productive by the company and dissension reduces productivity and if productivity's lost whether with them or other staff members, that becomes a tangible loss to the company and that can't happen.
    I’m going to split them as much as possible, but there are times during the day they’ll have to work together. We are working in a public high school in the special education department, so there are kids having to suffer from this, too.