User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    EII None

Default I’m 24 with no job experience...

The title pretty much explains the situation I’m in.

I’m 24 and I’ve never had a job. I still live with my parents, I don’t know how to drive, and I have no post-secondary education. I’m extremely, shy, introverted, withdrawn, and sheltered, and my doctor thinks I may have high-functioning Autism. I’ve thought about getting a job as a self-stocker, but I don’t know what business would want to hire a 24 year old with no life experience.

I’ve thought about going back to college, but I feel like I’m too old to go back to school, and my family (mainly my older sister) ridicules everything I like. They want me to go into something business or technology related, but I have no interest whatsoever in those fields. I’d rather work in a low-paying job my entire life before working in the business and technology sectors. I’ve always wanted to work in a museum or library, but I feel like I’m too old to go into those fields.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Purplemoon View Post

I’m 24 and I’ve never had a job. I still live with my parents, I don’t know how to drive, and I have no post-secondary education. I’m extremely, shy, introverted, withdrawn, and sheltered, and my doctor thinks I may have high-functioning Autism. I’ve thought about getting a job as a self-stocker, but I don’t know what business would want to hire a 24 year old with no life experience.

I’ve thought about going back to college, but I feel like I’m too old to go back to school, and my family (mainly my older sister) ridicules everything I like. They want me to go into something business or technology related, but I have no interest whatsoever in those fields. I’d rather work in a low-paying job my entire life before working in the business and technology sectors. I’ve always wanted to work in a museum or library, but I feel like I’m too old to go into those fields.
    I was in a very similar situation as you at 24. I did go back to school. No one ever asked how old I was and I loved it. Do it.
    I got a minor in law and a major an Anthropology ( My priorities are absolutely not backwards...they kinda are though) I was able to volunteer at the local Japanese museum but as far as jobs go...ha, no one was interested in paying me. I think you will find that in every field except, well, business and technology.

You wanna be happy or make money? That's unfortunately the option for everyone.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I was in a very similar situation as you at 24. I did go back to school. No one ever asked how old I was and I loved it. Do it.
    I got a minor in law and a major an Anthropology ( My priorities are absolutely not backwards!) I was able to volunteer at the local Japanese museum but as far as jobs go...ha, no one was interested in paying me. I think you will find that in every field except, well, business and technology.

You wanna be happy or make money? That's unfortunately the option for everyone.
    I’ve always held that given the rising cost of living, you should focus on making money when you are young. Then, when you retire from your first career, you can focus on your passion during your second career, since you’ve already made your money. Since you are still young (but still older than me), I’d focus on making money if I were you. At 22, I already have a high-flying career, a new car, a big house, and a good deal of influence in the community. That said, when I retire, I will have no use for more money, so my second career will be all about having fun and exploring my passions. Make enough cash and you can live your life on your own terms. If you lack funds, you are always having to live the way somebody else wants you to live.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Have faith, keep applying for jobs, once you get one work for a while while saving and go back to college in a field you think you'll enjoy working in.

At this moment I think it's best to apply for a job. You'll get a job, it will just take some time.
    Likes Falcarius liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    I’ve always held that given the rising cost of living, you should focus on making money when you are young. Then, when you retire from your first career, you can focus on your passion during your second career, since you’ve already made your money. Since you are still young (but still older than me), I’d focus on making money if I were you. At 22, I already have a high-flying career, a new car, a big house, and a good deal of influence in the community. That said, when I retire, I will have no use for more money, so my second career will be all about having fun and exploring my passions. Make enough cash and you can live your life on your own terms. If you lack funds, you are always having to live the way somebody else wants you to live.
    I’m 35.

Good for you. We don’t all have those optins.
    I was on Diaylisis almost immediatly out if Highschool and living with a crazy family that put me on disability even before then so was rellagated to garbage jobs for “ special people”. I shouldn’t have been wirking as much as I was and permantantly injured my back. I REALLY wanted to go to school but said crazy family told me I couldn’t.
    I tried my damnedest to escape but they convinced everyone I was a “ danger to myself” and I would have been committed had I tried. I started school at 24 because that was when I was finally able to get away.
    That I was able to do any of this at was quite a feat

But go on, tell me I just didn’t TRY hard enough as most everyone not in my situation does.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    yupp

My life is going slow but what i learned is very few people finish school by 22 and also 24 isn't ridiculously old that you are unhireable. So all i'm saying is 24 is young as fuck i felt at 24 my life was over because i was dxed with a mental illness and had to drop out of school. now i'm 31 i'm about to graduate with my undergrad in may in general studies concentration humanities and plan to apply to grad school for social work yes most people have 10 years on me but if that stops me then i am a fucking failure. all i can do is look forward keep trying and hope i don't fuck things up too bad.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Avocado, Chaotic Symphony liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I’m 35.

Good for you. We don’t all have those optins.
    I was on Diaylisis almost immediatly out if Highschool and living with a crazy family that put me on disability even before then so was rellagated to garbage jobs for “ special people”. I shouldn’t have been wirking as much as I was and permantantly injured my back. I REALLY wanted to go to school but said crazy family told me I couldn’t.
    I tried my damnedest to escape but they convinced everyone I was a “ danger to myself” and I would have been committed had I tried. I started school at 24 because that was when I was finally able to get away.
    That I was able to do any of this at was quite a feat

But go on, tell me I just didn’t TRY hard enough as most everyone not in my situation does.
    To be honest, things looked bleak for me until a few months ago, and I am enjoying wealth this early more from a random stroke of good luck than anything I did personally—but even if everything went according to plan, I’d be where I am now in a couple decades. At this point, I’m trying to stabilize my life after this unexpected reversal of fortune. I’m still depressed and without a therapist to help me through it, but at least I can afford therapy now.

How much progress have you made since starting school? Are you financially stable? Are you free from your crazy family?

Radical wealth is not needed so long as you have enough to pay your bills, have a low-cost hobby, and still save some money afterwards.

My only regret is life is so bad for the majority of people and there is nothing I can really do to help them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Purplemoon View Post

Focus on getting work history, or go back to school and work. Even if part time. It makes you more desireable to employers. Even if it was fast food. If youre american, a car should be your first goal as it opens the door for more opportunities, raises you credit, and to some its a mark of adulthood to own and maintain one. Then work to secure a better job, and or finish school. Then work towards independance. Don't be afraid to ask parents on how to do things.
    “An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
    Charles Bukowski

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Focus on getting work history, or go back to school and work. Even if part time. It makes you more desireable to employers. Even if it was fast food. If youre american, a car should be your first goal as it opens the door for more opportunities, raises you credit, and to some its a mark of adulthood to own and maintain one. Then work to secure a better job, and or finish school. Then work towards independance. Don't be afraid to ask parents on how to do things.
    Wise and sound advice.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
    To be honest, things looked bleak for me until a few months ago, and I am enjoying wealth this early more from a random stroke of good luck than anything I did personally—but even if everything went according to plan, I’d be where I am now in a couple decades. At this point, I’m trying to stabilize my life after this unexpected reversal of fortune. I’m still depressed and without a therapist to help me through it, but at least I can afford therapy now.

How much progress have you made since starting school? Are you financially stable? Are you free from your crazy family?

Radical wealth is not needed so long as you have enough to pay your bills, have a low-cost hobby, and still save some money afterwards.

My only regret is life is so bad for the majority of people and there is nothing I can really do to help them.
    I understand you are just trying to be helpful, but sometimes people just go at their own pace. Just because you succeed doesn't mean that you need to look down upon/pity others who don't make it to your level. Like my friend says, "you can't save all the puppies at the risk of losing your own bliss." But you can still learn something of value from almost anybody. Having a "pitying" mindset will alienate you from those who you deem "not as successful". Consider it a gift that you have the capacity to overcome and persevere!
    Likes prplchknz, Avocado liked this post