• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your career goals and visions for the future?

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I'm planning on receiving a bachelors degree in animal biology so I can become a zookeeper or entry-level zoologist. I've been considering this for quite some time now, mostly because I grew up interested in animals and Id become more isolated as oppose to other career options I've considered. Let's say a counselor for an example....

I love helping people psychologically through then internet, but have the fear of failing to do so in person. I'd imagine specific things going wrong or a disagreement going on that screws another person over, also considering my inability to explain things in person.
As much as I love psychology, my fear of failing people prevents me of wanting to pursue it. That's why I'm going with the zookeeper/zoologist possibility.

I also love cartooning and drawing, so I may consider a fine arts or animation career as well! :)

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are my two options: pursue a PhD or flip burgers.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or flip burgers after getting the PhD? ;)
There's always the risk, you know. :horror:

What are you studying?
History, particularly the history of ideas. I have found it to be the most interesting academic subject as it covers absolutely everything (history of philosophy, history of science, history of psychology, history of political ideas, history of religious ideas etc), leaving many options open, which suits me because I'm curious about many different things.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of my prospects have dwindled to nothing, because money.

So now I am doing P.I. classes for Japanese, and hope to just be a translator or something. If I were deciding to take the plunge and go full degree. I would perhaps do computer science or internet security.