• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

best job for infp

noideawhoiam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So i am new in this site and i am here to find an answer for this question.. pleeaseee helpp

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Professional student. ;)

It’s usually said we do well in something dealing with helping others. That it’s not about the money (certainly a decent paying job is desired for practical purposes) but about the sense of making a difference no matter on a large scale or small.

I can’t disagree at least for me personally. I wish I had gone into something dealing with assisting people or animals, something where at the end of a day you come home and know you helped even a single person or animal overcome a difficult situation.

So start with your primary motivator I guess. Material or spiritual enrichment. Or both? There’s no law of the universe stating they have to be mutually exclusive.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything creative, librarian, archivist, teacher, cleric, social worker or healthcare worker.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
record store clerk. Or if you're one of the few with actual talent and are in any way discernible from every other INFP, then you might be able to have a decent career as a writer, artist or musician, if you can actually motivate yourself to stop looking at hentai or playing kingdom hearts. Otherwise, you're probably in for an existence of mediocrity half-assedly posing as brilliance, destined to become a legend in your own mind, because you're just misunderstood, others cannot see how special and unique you really are. Or they just don't care.

record store clerk. Or if you're one of the few with actual talent and are in any way discernible from every other INFP, then you might be able to have a decent career as a writer, artist or musician, if you can actually motivate yourself to stop looking at hentai or playing kingdom hearts. Otherwise, you're probably in for an existence of mediocrity half-assedly posing as brilliance, destined to become a legend in your own mind, because you're just misunderstood, others cannot see how special and unique you really are. Or they just don't care.
True wisdom this. Next time maybe add a pound of helpful and only a dash of snark.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So i am new in this site and i am here to find an answer for this question.. pleeaseee helpp
Depends strongly on the INFP. What do you enjoy? What interests you? What are you good at? What sort of salary do you hope for? What kind of work environment do you prefer? It is easy to find lists of stereotypical careers supposedly suited for INFPs, but INFPs work happily and successfully in many fields well beyond those. In fact, they can bring much needed perspectives and approaches to fields that have few INFPs or similar types.

A good resource to help you answer these questions is "What color is your parachute" by Richard Bolles. Most libraries - public or academic - have a copy. There are related resources online as well.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I agree with answer of Coriolis

I can only think of one INFP I know, so here about us if that can be any help:

Me- I work in medicine field. I appreciate that I have both scientific and social aspect of work. It's a place to hear so many stories, personal dramas and joys. Also I genuinely feel that I do something good and important. It's also so very challenging which I enjoy. What I don't like is how stressful is the job and how draining physically and emotionally it can be.

My friend- works in corporation creating animations. She enjoys creative part of work, especially when she can do something knew. Also that most of the time she works by herself on part of project. But she struggles with "corporation part" that they use to eat this and that, go there etc, from what she says there is some kind of behaviour code and she seems to want to be part of group , but still to want to not get close to behaviour code ever again.

Everywhere you'll find some advantages and disadvantages, so just try to find out what matter for you the most.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Hello this is taken from Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey, 1998. The first book Please Understand Me was written by an NT, Professor David Keirsey and Bates and was a two million copy best seller. It was also used at two different universities I attended as a course book. According to this reference the INFP's nickname is the healer. Career choices are in the ministry, missionary work, social work, library research, tutoring, child counseling, college teaching in the humanities and away from business. My background lies in the psychology and human services field.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
-Full-time edgy Tumblrinas.
-Meme makers.
-Disgusting rainbow pukers.
-Full-time That-girl-spacing-out-over-there.
-Animal Free-huggers.
-Street Artist.
-The fat nutritionist.
-Fundraiser.
-Romance worst sellers novelist.
-Butthurt teacher with a nice butt.
-The Misanthropic Bitch who sells drugs.
-The CEO of a multi-million dollar company because fuck your expectations.
-The homemaker who secretely cooks meth.
-The nun who kneels and prays to God with you while a vibrating dildo is up her asshole.
-The obligatory SJW who helps people for the lulz.
-Your mom.

I’m sure the OP will be a return poster seeing as their queries were comprehensively answered with this compendium of invaluable knowledge. :dry:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Full-time edgy Tumblrinas.
-Meme makers.
-Disgusting rainbow pukers.
-Full-time That-girl-spacing-out-over-there.
-Animal Free-huggers.
-Street Artist.
-The fat nutritionist.
-Fundraiser.
-Romance worst sellers novelist.
-Butthurt teacher with a nice butt.
-The Misanthropic Bitch who sells drugs.
-The CEO of a multi-million dollar company because fuck your expectations.
-The homemaker who secretely cooks meth.
-The nun who kneels and prays to God with you while a vibrating dildo is up her asshole.
-The obligatory SJW who helps people for the lulz.
-Your mom.

oh shit, i didn’t realize i was supposed to be getting paid for some of these things.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Shit. I spilled the secrets of the patriarchy and I'm not even mad.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shit. I spilled the secrets of the patriarchy and I'm not even mad.

Are you sure about that?

To the OP: This site suggests:
Realistic Careers:
Landscape architecture
Veterinarian
Horticulture
Forestry, parks, recreation; park ranger
Environmental scientist, geology
Investigative Careers:
Social sciences (sociology, psychology, anthropology, political science, geography, history)
Librarian, library sciences
Physician: psychiatry
Philosopher, theologian, linguist
Scholar, humanities / liberal arts
College professor
Artistic Careers:
Dancer
Actor
Architect
Musician
Graphic / website / UI / UX design
Painter, sculptor
Photography, photographer
Poet, creative writer, novelist, editor
Author, self / Indy publishing, blogger
Playwright, dramatist, screen writer
Social Careers:
Translator/languages
Physical, occupational, or speech therapist
Yoga instructor, homeopathy, naturopathy, music therapy
Nurse, nurse practitioner
Mediator, peace studies
Psychologist, clinical or counseling
Counselor, social worker
Speech language pathologist
Enterprising Careers:
Entrepreneur
Journalist, reporter
Conventional Careers (typically avoided by INFPs)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know that the job Ill probably have I wont love.

But really, I think you can find fulfillment in things outside of work too- like hobbies.

Im just saying- do what YOU enjoy in whatever capacity you can.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Drug dealer with a partner that finds the client no one will suspect you.