• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

best job for infp

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't saddle yourself with the stress of looking for your career and livelihood forever and ever. That's way too much pressure. :)

If you're a student now, I'd just take classes that you're interested in, within reason. It's a big world, and even if you major in say... philosophy, you can take those skills/knowledge and apply them to just about anything. (Philosophy is quite abstract and difficult, imho, and will show that you can really think and write to any prospective employer).

I'm sure the choice of profession depends hugely on where you will live, because some cultures and places value the tech fields more than cultural fields. And in most fields/cultures it makes a big difference if you're male or female, ie; how easy it is to get a job.

So there is the practical aspect of...can you be gainfully employed in whatever it is, and then the personal aspect of what would you be good at, and what would make you feel fulfilled. My attitude is to figure out what you like, and you can then figure out a niche within that subject that can sustain you monetarily. Reason being, you will spend a shitload of your life at your work, so...it should probably be something you reasonably like and are good at.

Ex: if you like the arts and you're good at writing (most INFP's are) then you can be a creative writer or, if you live in a place where that is not so feasible, use your writing skills at something like legal profession that values writing skills. Or be a reporter that covers the arts. Or teach writing. Or work in public relations.

The 'What Color is your Parachute' that Coriolis mentioned is a good start in that I think it talks about melding whatever your interests are with what is out there. So my answer is...what is best is what's best for you and your interests. Go flip through the course guide of your school and see what you're drawn to. :)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stay at home dad (2) who can bake