• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Traits of the Highly Intelligent Person

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

(I doesn't necessarily agree with the wording used in this video.)

1. "Smart people tend to sell themselves short."
Recently my manager at work was telling how about an employee of his who was trying to get a job as a coder. He could not pass the initial job interview. The problem was that he showed a degree of uncertainty or lack of self-confidence in his ability as a coder. So my manager asked him to write a particular piece of code on the blackboard, and he handled it with ease. Maybe he was a stutterer? I just don't think job interviewers should be rating job candidates on their ability to sell themselves.

2. "You have an insatiable curiosity."
But sometimes with a short attention span as curiosity runs amok.

3. "You often worry."
I don't just worry, I often worry about worrying.

4. "You tend to forget things."
I always never forget to forget things. Wait a minute, what was I just saying?

5. "You can be funny."
I was explaining to my neighbor at work how to find out if there are really such things as Bigfoot and magical forest creatures such as the unicorn. I stated that we should limit the habitat these forest creatures inhabit by incrementally killing trees until the amount of forest in the world is limited to one small copse of trees. He finished my story by saying, "Then drop a boulder on it."

6. "You enjoy reading."
It depends on the subject matter. If it leads to learning new things, then yes, even if there is no practical use for the subject matter.

7. "You prefer to be messy."
Is it a preference, or a way of life?
Messiness has for a long time been thought to be a sign of creativity, even of creative genius. I can pick one thing out of a pile, and nobody knows why I chose to pick out that one thing, except for me. Out of randomness comes order and reason.

8. "You're a real night owl."
I'm just "striving to reach the limits of my abilities," according to the video. Or maybe there's just nobody around to interrupt my thought processes late at night. It's the quiet solitude of being alone with my thoughts. I can't blaze new trails by following old ones forced on me by others.
I think in my case it was mostly school, occurring obviously during the day, to cause me to seek the night. I attended a crazy school for three years which consisted of one giant classroom divided up only by whiteboards for four separate classes. Teachers would often sit around in their teachers' lounge while the students ran amok. Sometimes I also ran amok, maybe because there was no point in trying to read, or study, or draw something. It made me stand out as "different," and inevitably someone would come along and bump into me on purpose just to make things more difficult.

9. "You love a good mental challenge."
I loved all kinds of challenges before I became half disabled.

10. "You don't always have to try hard."
I just looked at my spelling words for the week and had them memorized.

11. "You talk to yourself."
The reason I found 11 instead of 10 is that I am smarter than the person who made the video.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, not really sure why anyone cares who is "highly intelligent" apart from what someone can actually accomplish. It's not like we get special awards for being super-smart or that being smart matters aside from what you can do with the smarts that you have.

To focus on determining whether someone is "smart" as a trait seems more like an attempt to bolster someone's personal confidence that they are 'still smart despite [not accomplishing things they think they should be able to do if they were smart]."

It's like trying to justify why one should still be considered a writer when they are not writing, or why one should be considered creative when they are not actually creating anything.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, not really sure why anyone cares who is "highly intelligent" apart from what someone can actually accomplish. It's not like we get special awards for being super-smart or that being smart matters aside from what you can do with the smarts that you have.

To focus on determining whether someone is "smart" as a trait seems more like an attempt to bolster someone's personal confidence that they are 'still smart despite [not accomplishing things they think they should be able to do if they were smart]."

It's like trying to justify why one should still be considered a writer when they are not writing, or why one should be considered creative when they are not actually creating anything.

Also, I don't care about your personality type as long as you can accomplish something. Yet here we are on a typology forum. What gives?

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is a direct relationship between high intelligence and a lack of confidence. "Stupid people keep out" signs would only filter out the most brilliant people in the world because odds are they probably have some idea of what they don't know.

The dumbest people alive proceed merrily through life, confident that they know everything worth knowing. The hell of it is, they might actually be right about that. Not for the reasons they think but right nevertheless.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a direct relationship between high intelligence and a lack of confidence. "Stupid people keep out" signs would only filter out the most brilliant people in the world because odds are they probably have some idea of what they don't know.

The dumbest people alive proceed merrily through life, confident that they know everything worth knowing. The hell of it is, they might actually be right about that. Not for the reasons they think but right nevertheless.

A stupid person wants to try doing a front flip off of a trampoline because of an insatiable curiosity to find out what a broken ankle feels like.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just am not interested in taking the time to watch this vid, I mean, I've got to find my headphones and then stare at the screen for x minutes. But offhand, from your helpful synopsis, it sounds more like this video is: 10 Similarities You Share With Me and Therefore Make You Intelligent Like Me. That reduces the amount of time I want to put into the vid. If I made a list for this it would have something like: #4: You prefer to scan the comments on Youtube videos before deciding to watch them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just am not interested in taking the time to watch this vid, I mean, I've got to find my headphones and then stare at the screen for x minutes. But offhand, from your helpful synopsis, it sounds more like this video is: 10 Similarities You Share With Me and Therefore Make You Intelligent Like Me. That reduces the amount of time I want to put into the vid. If I made a list for this it would have something like: #4: You prefer to scan the comments on Youtube videos before deciding to watch them.

There are a great many webpages devoted to this topic.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are a great many webpages devoted to this topic.

I'm sure. I've always been interested in the idea of internet 'content creation'. It my observation it seems the most lucrative content is becoming a guru, taking an authoritative position on what people should be and what people should do.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why anyone cares about this shit though.

Mole

Permabanned
The very highly.intelligent are characterised by OE, over excitability. This is a discription coined by those of normal intelligence out of resentment. The very highly intelligent describe themselves as having a high response to stimulae.

And the normal tell us they have above average intelligence. But this is logically impossible as 100 is the average, and so half of us are always below average and half above.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I got 10 out of 10!

I win the race! Im the best! Hahah. You losers just keep rubbing your brain cell scraps and maybe one day if you are lucky you will be lucky enough to become one of my mindless follower minion things.

Yes.

Im the best and you are all dumb hah hah hah hah ha

Mole

Permabanned
There is a difference between being.smart and having a very high intelligence. The very highly intelligent are emotionally different from the normal. The very highly intelligent are OE, over exciteable.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure. I've always been interested in the idea of internet 'content creation'. It my observation it seems the most lucrative content is becoming a guru, taking an authoritative position on what people should be and what people should do.

As in typology? I'm "an" INTP so I should be an INTP and doing INTP things according to the website gurus?

- - - Updated - - -

Why anyone cares about this shit though.

You mean personality types? Then why are you here, with an MBTI, enneagram, and Socionics type listed?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got 10 out of 10!

I win the race! Im the best! Hahah. You losers just keep rubbing your brain cell scraps and maybe one day if you are lucky you will be lucky enough to become one of my mindless follower minion things.

Yes.

Im the best and you are all dumb hah hah hah hah ha

There are 11 traits. You lose!

Mole

Permabanned
Normal intelligence is between 85 and 115, The US military won't enlist anyone's at 83 or below, because they can't be trained even for the most routine of jobs, while 120 is needed for tertiary.education.

The very highly intelligent at 160 are not normal and are OE, over excitable, emotionally intellectually morally and physically.

And they need to find a peer group of the same intelligence.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Normal intelligence is between 85 and 115, The US military won't enlist anyone's at 83 or below, because they can't be trained even for the most routine of jobs, while 120 is needed for tertiary.education.

The very highly intelligent at 160 are not normal and are OE, over excitable, emotionally intellectually morally and physically.

And they need to find a peer group of the same intelligence.

At least you have the honesty to admit that such differences exist. I think it's because you're not an American. Most Americans these days are engaged in dishonest repression of facts for political motives.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's what it's like living with an IQ above 150 - Business Insider

"1. You feel people steal your time. You get annoyed when people talk, because you've guessed what they're going to say two seconds in. You get annoyed in group discussions, because you already know the outcome. Interaction with others can be a series of annoyances. So they find you annoying because of it."

An ISTJ friend of mine told me that he can't stand it when speakers repeat themselves, when speakers repeat themselves. And they do it constantly, constantly.

ducks

Permabanned
So in the US I've noticed you do well in a career if you can put on a smile and make people feel good about you. Intelligence doesn't seem to matter as long as you don't have a mental deficiency. I'm not sure how this falls into being intelligent, but I think humans value EQ more than intellectual potential when it comes to working together. I guess if you are really smart and can work for yourself, then you can bypass all that and just live your life how you think best. But that's not always easy, even for really smart people.