User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Academic and career aspirations

Hi everyone.

In this thread, I'd like to know how you're getting on academically or career-wise, and what your goals and aspirations are for the future.

Myself: I'm a British college student soon to be going to a prestigious university to study a degree in psychology with philosophy on the side. I want to do postgraduate studies in social, differential and abnormal psychology. My main goal and aspiration is to become a very successful psychologist who has significantly contributed to the field's knowledge and is able to work very well for the benefit of my country.

What about you?
    "We spend our lives fighting to get people very slightly more stupid than ourselves to accept truths that the great men have always known. They have known for thousands of years that to lock a sick person into solitary confinement makes him worse. They have known for thousands of years that a poor man who is frightened of his landlord and of the police is a slave. They have known it. We know it. But do the British people know it?"
    Likes Consilience, Also, Luminous, Cellmold liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDawn View Post
    Hi everyone.

In this thread, I'd like to know how you're getting on academically or career-wise, and what your goals and aspirations are for the future.

Myself: I'm a British college student soon to be going to a prestigious university to study a degree in psychology with philosophy on the side. I want to do postgraduate studies in social, differential and abnormal psychology. My main goal and aspiration is to become a very successful psychologist who has significantly contributed to the field's knowledge and is able to work very well for the benefit of my country.

What about you?
    Hi there! That's really cool. I hold a degree in psychology with a minor in philosophy. I hope to eventually get further schooling.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    Hi there! That's really cool. I hold a degree in psychology with a minor in philosophy. I hope to eventually get further schooling.
    Very good. Well, good luck with that!
    "We spend our lives fighting to get people very slightly more stupid than ourselves to accept truths that the great men have always known. They have known for thousands of years that to lock a sick person into solitary confinement makes him worse. They have known for thousands of years that a poor man who is frightened of his landlord and of the police is a slave. They have known it. We know it. But do the British people know it?"
    Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI None

I'm a toxicologist drowning in work and sort of enjoying it. I went back to school last year, not for forensic toxicology this time, but for philosophy and I've also picked up a few classes in sociology.

I loved abnormal psych. I may have to look into that again.
    Likes highlander, Magnus, Consilience, Luminous liked this post

Yeerk host body

I am currently a bum on the side of a neighborhood street, but I aspire to one day be a bum on the side of the highway. I plan to obtain sustenance by consuming roadside garbage like exploded tires and glass.
    Likes Magnus, Stanton Moore, Suaimhneas liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDawn View Post
    Hi everyone.

What about you?
    I'm a consultant and sort of reached my career goals. My latest goal - be a successful webmaster . Seriously, I like to solve problems and to create and build things. That can take many forms.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sx

Career-wise, I suppose I'm an average Millennial. But things have gotten a lot better over the last year as I've landed in a place which offers actual opportunities and I've been cultivating them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Career-wise, I suppose I'm an average Millennial. But things have gotten a lot better over the last year as I've landed in a place which offers actual opportunities and I've been cultivating them.
    Sounds good. Keep working away well then and you might land something pretty nifty.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I started going for a major in law. So I am well-versed in it, though I have no official degree.

It wasn't until HS that I realized I really loved the subject o Anthropology. I took a lot of classes in humanities, art, theology, and a few BS liberal arts classes like " Intercultural comm". To me it seemed like a jumbled mess of unrelated interest but some wonderfully "Renaissance manish" teachers pointed me in the right direction.

I Don't have an actual major in it since it was not offered but I put one together with a mash up of World His/Art/Theo/Lang with a focus on the Far East.

It isn't really something you can learn in a class so I still do it as a hobby.
    I spend time at the local and pitifully small Buddhist temple and Asian history museum, sometimes I tell stories at community events, host a few tea ceremonies ( but I don't like to do it. I think any Calc professor would find it absurdly complicated)
    Mostly I just lecture weebs on how not EVERYTHING in Japan is an anime ref, that no, traditional Jap restaurants and temples DO not appreciate you cosplaying there. But I think my greatest passion in life is to make sure people DREAD playing "Warriors games" around by pointing out every historical inaccuracy.

...they love it and I have absolute NEVER been told to OMG shut the hell up already!" Never.

( Oh. I make some money selling ceramic art based on Ancient Far east Techniques; bonsai pots mostly.)
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes Consilience, Luminous liked this post

I forgot to mention my actual career aspirations: to help grow a business to the national level through the spreading of knowledge and helping people reframe their current paradigms for long-term change. I am definitely getting closer. Then from there, become a industrial/organizational psychologist or a business consultant.
    Likes Luminous, Cellmold liked this post