• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ Test Accuracy

Crabs

Permabanned
Kudos to @miss fortune for adding the missing pictures back in the OP. :nice:

Hopefully, they won't disappear this time.

wtf? They disappeared again. :mad:

I find it impressive you went through this to point out the mistakes.

The practice test took roughly an hour and a half. This thread took about 20 min to compile. What's the point of taking an IQ test if the questions/answers are inaccurate? I posted it in the forum to get feedback in case I misunderstood something.

Must be a testament of how much free time you have on your shoulders.

Not as much free time as you have to experiment with drugs, I'm sure.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it impressive you went through this to point out the mistakes. Must be a testament of how much free time you have on your shoulders.

I find it impressive he questions all IQ tests and only gave an example of a single test. Maybe I missed something.

Crabs

Permabanned
I find it impressive he questions all IQ tests and only gave an example of a single test. Maybe I missed something.

I've only taken that single test. Why would I have faith in other tests if I can't verify their accuracy?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've only taken that single test. Why would I have faith in other tests if I can't verify their accuracy?

How did you verify accuracy of this test that makes you think its inaccurate?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feel free to read the thread before replying to it further.

I appologize...you confused me...you said you are unable to verify tests. I didnt realize you just meant "other tests" you havnt taken...but you were able to verify a test you took. Your confusion of what you cant do, but apparently did which makes you question what has been proven is kinda...like a circular negative loop. Ok maybe i really wasnt confused....but you sure are :shrug:

I know i am am ass for pointing out the obvious instead of saying....ahhhh...its ok crabby pants...your intelligent...these are just stupid incompetent meany heads.

Crabs

Permabanned
I appologize...you confused me...you said you are unable to verify tests. I didnt realize you just meant "other tests" you havnt taken...but you were able to verify a test you took. Your confusion of what you cant do, but apparently did which makes you question what has been proven is kinda...like a circular negative loop. Ok maybe i really wasnt confused....but you sure are :shrug:

I know i am am ass for pointing out the obvious instead of saying....ahhhh...its ok crabby pants...your intelligent...these are just stupid incompetent meany heads.

giphy.gif

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
If you want to take a decent IQ test, search Iqtest.dk or iqexams.net....I take these mainly for fun when I'm bored, however, they do not signify intelligence as a whole. Intelligence as a whole comprises of many subsets....IQ tests are only a piece of the pie, and shouldn't be taken seriously. I am very enthralled when I meet people who have a rich vocabulary/strong verbal skills as it is one of my weaknesses relative to mathematical-logical.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you want to take a decent IQ test, search Iqtest.dk or iqexams.net....I take these mainly for fun when I'm bored, however, they do not signify intelligence as a whole. Intelligence as a whole comprises of many subsets....IQ tests are only a piece of the pie, and shouldn't be taken seriously. I am very enthralled when I meet people who have a rich vocabulary/strong verbal skills as it is one of my weaknesses relative to mathematical-logical.

When you are like me and score extremely high on both linguistic and mathematical-logical subscores of tests like the Stanford-Binet I used to get in Mensa, your higher intellect correlates with a higher risk of so-called existential depression:

Existential Depression: 9 Signs You're Gifted | Depression Alliance

The biggest problem is people are too idiotic to help you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The state government gave my step-daughter an IQ test to determine her level of functioning. Shouldn't we take it seriously?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
The state government gave my step-daughter an IQ test to determine her level of functioning. Shouldn't we take it seriously?

Well, I should have emphasized that online Iq tests should not be taken too seriously as it's not a complete picture of intellect as a whole. Also, although professionally administered IQ tests try to pinpoint multiple aspects of intellect, it isn't necessary proportional to potential because negative conditions such as ADD, Dyslexia hinder the score. Also, those with Asperger's syndrome may score lowish on a professional IQ test (disparity between sub-tests), yet they tend to exhibit pronounced non-verbal intelligence. Yes, it can be positive to gauge where one stands within the academic system so that they will mold/conform to a classroom environment. But if person X scores higher than person Y, it does not necessarily imply that person X is more intelligent than person Y. Surely, within a certain sub-set of intelligence that me be true, but intelligence as a whole is quite broad. The main point was not to hold so tight to such a discrete value.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
When you are like me and score extremely high on both linguistic and mathematical-logical subscores of tests like the Stanford-Binet I used to get in Mensa, your higher intellect correlates with a higher risk of so-called existential depression:

Existential Depression: 9 Signs You're Gifted | Depression Alliance

The biggest problem is people are too idiotic to help you.

Although I would say it's not the most reliable correlation.

I've always scored either average or below on such tests, but I suffer greatly with periodic bouts of existentialist depression and have done from an early age. And I have never demonstrated any aptitude or gifted traits.

That sucking misery of constantly seeking some point of fixation or goal that can temporarily pull your wandering perspective from nihilism into a driven output, is a difficult one. It's probably something to do with serotonin production and the development of unhelpful habits, or something to that effect.

This is a bit off-topic though. I've heard IQ has some broadly reliable correlations, but is not an absolute, though there are (or at least I think I have read a long time ago) various life-progressions based on differences in IQ scoring. Though the nebulous nature of people is such that I would always put a determined character over the assumption that relying on a predictive body of information surrounding a (sometimes) narrow subject like this one, would result in the outcomes one aims for.

For me the more important questions were whether or not I should care about IQ or not and if what I scored bothered me? And if it did, then why? Also was it a worthy pursuit? Or is it just a way for some invisible overlord to try and play master with myself and others?

It may have been born largely out of an innocent drive to understand and comprehend, and maybe even provide people with a level of self-knowledge for growth (though I have not done the research so don't hold me to this too much), even though there is a huge ego-trap encased in that assumption, but it seems more to stem from a very basic and primal need to control the outcome of otherwise chaotic factors.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Although I would say it's not the most reliable correlation.

I've always scored either average or below on such tests, but I suffer greatly with periodic bouts of existentialist depression and have done from an early age. And I have never demonstrated any aptitude or gifted traits.

That sucking misery of constantly seeking some point of fixation or goal that can temporarily pull your wandering perspective from nihilism into a driven output, is a difficult one. It's probably something to do with serotonin production and the development of unhelpful habits, or something to that effect.

This is a bit off-topic though. I've heard IQ has some broadly reliable correlations, but is not an absolute, though there are (or at least I think I have read a long time ago) various life-progressions based on differences in IQ scoring. Though the nebulous nature of people is such that I would always put a determined character over the assumption that relying on a predictive body of information surrounding a (sometimes) narrow subject like this one, would result in the outcomes one aims for.

For me the more important questions were whether or not I should care about IQ or not and if what I scored bothered me? And if it did, then why? Also was it a worthy pursuit? Or is it just a way for some invisible overlord to try and play master with myself and others?

It may have been born largely out of an innocent drive to understand and comprehend, and maybe even provide people with a level of self-knowledge for growth (though I have not done the research so don't hold me to this too much), even though there is a huge ego-trap encased in that assumption, but it seems more to stem from a very basic and primal need to control the outcome of otherwise chaotic factors.

Fair enough. You are like one of remedial students--you don't test well, but seem smarter that testing would suggest. I am constantly accused of being lazy and lacking urgency, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have a thyroid issue since I can assure you I push myself to my limit every day just trying to hold my ground and have a safe haven to relax and to one day have a great retirement. I was going to get my thyroid checked November 1st, but will be having it checked instead on November 15th. The massive fatigue day after day for nearly every day kills me. I need more energy to keep my job, since it doesn't look good to miss a deadline--and there is no sympathy for mental health issues. Hell, even the times I've shown empathy or leniency to others its backfired badly on me. The past year, I've made an effort to focus only on my own needs and building my personal wealth and power. I have tried to reserve my help for those that could maybe help me later, and even then, I share my resources sparingly. I'm a nihilistic pessimist who goes through the motions necessary in life to reduce my personal suffering in the long run. However, that doesn't change that life is basically coming into existance, only to suffer briefly then die--unless you are at a level of wealth I will not achieve. I've made it to the median income for my local economy, though-- 50% of people earn less than I do, 50% earn more. I hear above this point, each dollar you earn buys less and less happiness. This means somebody twice as rich as me would not be twice as happy. The person making twice as much income as myself will at most only be slightly happier. I always heard though, that making it to the 50% mark for your area of the world will get you all the happiness that can be rented for money. With wealth mostly out of the way, I suppose the next important thing is health. Health allows happiness.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Fair enough. You are like one of remedial students--you don't test well, but seem smarter that testing would suggest. I am constantly accused of being lazy and lacking urgency, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have a thyroid issue since I can assure you I push myself to my limit every day just trying to hold my ground and have a safe haven to relax and to one day have a great retirement. I was going to get my thyroid checked November 1st, but will be having it checked instead on November 15th. The massive fatigue day after day for nearly every day kills me. I need more energy to keep my job, since it doesn't look good to miss a deadline--and there is no sympathy for mental health issues. Hell, even the times I've shown empathy or leniency to others its backfired badly on me. The past year, I've made an effort to focus only on my own needs and building my personal wealth and power. I have tried to reserve my help for those that could maybe help me later, and even then, I share my resources sparingly. I'm a nihilistic pessimist who goes through the motions necessary in life to reduce my personal suffering in the long run. However, that doesn't change that life is basically coming into existance, only to suffer briefly then die--unless you are at a level of wealth I will not achieve. I've made it to the median income for my local economy, though-- 50% of people earn less than I do, 50% earn more. I hear above this point, each dollar you earn buys less and less happiness. This means somebody twice as rich as me would not be twice as happy. The person making twice as much income as myself will at most only be slightly happier. I always heard though, that making it to the 50% mark for your area of the world will get you all the happiness that can be rented for money. With wealth mostly out of the way, I suppose the next important thing is health. Health allows happiness.

Well I think you've taken a decent, pragmatic approach to the issue.

The wealth aspect is where I struggle the most. I'm not very emotionally wise and I still maintain I'm not particularly bright (especially in social situations) but I don't possess a great mathematical aptitude as compensation either. So I'm stuck trying to manage what I consider to be the worst of both worlds, and not succeeding very well at either.

Because good work, with good pay, requires a good level of emotional resilience and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently.

I'm still persisting though.

Tomb1

I never even arrived at the question of IQ because, ultimately, it doesn't matter. It has no effect on my life or choices. I'm gonna still put myself first and do as I set out to do.

Mole

Permabanned
IQ is more accurate around the average of 100, and less accurate at high and low scores. This is because IQ is comparative, and as almost all of us are normal, and only a tiny number are abnormal or subnormal.