• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible names for graphic design biz - need opinions

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey all... Not sure if this thread should be in this sub-forum, but thought it was worth a shot. But anyway, I am trying to decide on a name for my graphic design business. Something slightly whimsical that will stand out and get people's attention while not sounding too serious.

1. Looking-Glass Design

2. Skylarking Design

3. Equinoxe Design

Do any of these sound good? Thank you to anybody who replies. :heart:

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
AA Designs- Come first (or very early) in alphabetical searches.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey all... Not sure if this thread should be in this sub-forum, but thought it was worth a shot. But anyway, I am trying to decide on a name for my graphic design business. Something slightly whimsical that will stand out and get people's attention while not sounding too serious.

1. Looking-Glass Design

2. Skylarking Design

3. Equinoxe Design

Are you looking to focus your business on a particular clientele or market? Would you brand yourself by producing work with a similar sort of aesthetic, while also catering to your clients? I would suggest you not focus so much on wanting to stand out, for now, and ensure you have a solid idea of which market(s) or where you plan to advertise your business, and the competition out there that would be sharing that advertisement space, and most importantly, what you see your business as now, and where it could potentially go down the road.

Have you started throwing around ideas for any logos?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you looking to focus your business on a particular clientele or market? Would you brand yourself by producing work with a similar sort of aesthetic, while also catering to your clients? I would suggest you not focus so much on wanting to stand out, for now, and ensure you have a solid idea of which market(s) or where you plan to advertise your business, and the competition out there that would be sharing that advertisement space, and most importantly, what you see your business as now, and where it could potentially go down the road.

Have you started throwing around ideas for any logos?

Thanks for replying :) Yes - my market is a little small where I am now, and of course as an amateur, I still have a lot to learn. My rates starting out would reflect that, and I think a modest rate to start out with would be in the neighborhood of $20/hour. The business would primarily be targeted towards small business in the area. The market I'm dealing with is rural northeastern Maryland. That being said, I live in a somewhat "artsy" little town on the river (I work in an art gallery in my town part-time), so there are a lot of quaint boutiques, galleries, and restaurants in the heart of the town. That's the clientele I'd be marketing myself to, at least for now. In terms of catering to a client, I would require the person to outline the scope of the project, any copy - like text or images - they needed me to use, and project deadlines.

I suppose when I get a little bit better at this and my skills are more built up, I could cast a wider net to surrounding metro areas, too (though competition, particularly in the tech industry, seems pretty cutthroat and actually worse in large cities). In the future, I'm very open to possible employment by a company, doing work for them which I'm already doing now, albeit on a smaller scale (event/product marketing and strategy, web and graphic design, and writing) - remote work ideal, but I understand that is difficult to come by. I've also seen several websites, like Fiverr and Upwork, designed for freelancers to advertise their services - but the competition's brutal! There's people on there willing to do graphic design for five bucks an hour(!) Hmm.

As for the business logo and other branding, I have been visualizing the possibilities. A bit later down the road, I'd like to have a nice, quality website up and running, containing samples of my previous work in an online portfolio. I have done this before using Wordpress, for my theatre and acting stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this. I appreciate any insights I can get... I'm a small town girl! LOL

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

1. Looking-Glass Design

2. Skylarking Design

3. Equinoxe Design

Hmmm the only name I can come up with instantly is "Prism designs". But that is just because I have thought about prisms lately. I have no idea if it is any good.

I take it you have studied art in some way?

River’s Edge? Based off your community’s description. Maybe something else drawing off of the local area.

Out of the three you submitted I’d say Looking Glass.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Albhabetical order is becoming less and less relevant these days. Although I say this after coming up with a name for a company about 10 years ago with this very reason in mind.

It should be as unique as possible(its okay to incorporate real words). Easy to say and roll off of the tongue. Easy to spell after hearing it. And as short as possible. Two or theee syllables are ideal.

For example the company I helped name was Alphega. Coming from alpha and omega. Its a name that incorporates all the ideals of the company. The company is quite a bit different branche from graphic design though, haha.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For example the company I helped name was Alphega. Coming from alpha and omega. Its a name that incorporates all the ideals of the company. The company is quite a bit different branche from graphic design though, haha.

Oh, ok. What does your company do?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Infograf

...springboarding off the above.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type