User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Best jobs for INTJ?

i figure scientist would work but im not sure about economist or doctor?

MBTI
    TNT

All three are good for an INTJ. Any job that requires an analytical approach and has a structured environment should be good.

But not all INTJs are the same, you work with the talents you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    All three are good for an INTJ. Any job that requires an analytical approach and has a structured environment should be good.

I'd have said that too, perhaps something with a strong planning, assessment and monitoring component? Although it depends whether the I or NTJ are the strong elements in the equation maybe, what do you think?

I'm usually an I/E, NTJ (look @Jaguar I'm still saying it ) but sometimes I test as an STJ but I think that's my job coming through when I test that way, I'm not observant enough to be an S I think, my I/E is pretty balanced and switches back and forth with the availability of good people to spend time with.

Though at the minute, for sometime, I've thought about why anyone decides they can or ought to do just one thing in one field for the whole of their days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post

I'd have said that too, perhaps something with a strong planning, assessment and monitoring component? Although it depends whether the I or NTJ are the strong elements in the equation maybe, what do you think?

I'm usually an I/E, NTJ (look @Jaguar I'm still saying it ) but sometimes I test as an STJ but I think that's my job coming through when I test that way, I'm not observant enough to be an S I think, my I/E is pretty balanced and switches back and forth with the availability of good people to spend time with.

Though at the minute, for sometime, I've thought about why anyone decides they can or ought to do just one thing in one field for the whole of their days.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Janitor
    Camp counselor
    Bus driver

Mortician.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Analysts and Engineers.

Enneagram
    853 sx/so

Instead of choosing a job based on a typing that is open to speculation, you should use the most reasonable amount and type of data that comes with the speculation in question combined with what you desire and what you are capable of. Choosing a job based on MBTI/Enneagram type I think is quite a close minded and cut-the-corner approach.
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Thats ESTP behaviour it is have you ever had a customer support job? I know an ESTJ(not saying you are one, just the ETJ aspect) who was a service adviser and he loved the job, just couldnt find a company he liked working for. He kept getting fired for not following the rules because they were functionally stupid and inhibited him from helping his customers in the best way possible.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Thats ESTP behaviour it is have you ever had a customer support job? I know an ESTJ(not saying you are one, just the ETJ aspect) who was a service adviser and he loved the job, just couldnt find a company he liked working for. He kept getting fired for not following the rules because they were functionally stupid and inhibited him from helping his customers in the best way possible.
    My job is very ESTJ, I've heard loads of times that its the type they want operational staff to have or to conform to, sometimes they say ESFJ because of the whole feeling contra thinking.

The whole thing is very subjective and in my experience often applied by people who are only superficially interested in it, if at all, there's a bizarre sort of anti-intellectualism too and scoffing at theory or theoretical types, especially subordinates, but that could all be aspects of the company thing you mention.

It wouldnt surprise me for a second that this goes on, in any field, that there are great workers who just cant find a decent company to work for. In my experience its no impediment to promotion if you actively dislike the company's public or product or service, in many respects its a plus, dont ask me why. I marvel that companies can carry on as long as they have and no doubt will in perpetuity with this going on.
    Likes Magnus liked this post

kindergarten cop