• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best jobs for INTJ?

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
All three are good for an INTJ. Any job that requires an analytical approach and has a structured environment should be good.

But not all INTJs are the same, you work with the talents you have.

Lark

All three are good for an INTJ. Any job that requires an analytical approach and has a structured environment should be good.

I'd have said that too, perhaps something with a strong planning, assessment and monitoring component? Although it depends whether the I or NTJ are the strong elements in the equation maybe, what do you think?

I'm usually an I/E, NTJ (look [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] I'm still saying it :D :D) but sometimes I test as an STJ but I think that's my job coming through when I test that way, I'm not observant enough to be an S I think, my I/E is pretty balanced and switches back and forth with the availability of good people to spend time with.

Though at the minute, for sometime, I've thought about why anyone decides they can or ought to do just one thing in one field for the whole of their days.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have said that too, perhaps something with a strong planning, assessment and monitoring component? Although it depends whether the I or NTJ are the strong elements in the equation maybe, what do you think?

I'm usually an I/E, NTJ (look [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] I'm still saying it :D :D) but sometimes I test as an STJ but I think that's my job coming through when I test that way, I'm not observant enough to be an S I think, my I/E is pretty balanced and switches back and forth with the availability of good people to spend time with.

Though at the minute, for sometime, I've thought about why anyone decides they can or ought to do just one thing in one field for the whole of their days.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Instead of choosing a job based on a typing that is open to speculation, you should use the most reasonable amount and type of data that comes with the speculation in question combined with what you desire and what you are capable of. Choosing a job based on MBTI/Enneagram type I think is quite a close minded and cut-the-corner approach.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Thats ESTP behaviour it is :laugh: have you ever had a customer support job? I know an ESTJ(not saying you are one, just the ETJ aspect) who was a service adviser and he loved the job, just couldnt find a company he liked working for. He kept getting fired for not following the rules because they were functionally stupid and inhibited him from helping his customers in the best way possible.

Lark

Thats ESTP behaviour it is :laugh: have you ever had a customer support job? I know an ESTJ(not saying you are one, just the ETJ aspect) who was a service adviser and he loved the job, just couldnt find a company he liked working for. He kept getting fired for not following the rules because they were functionally stupid and inhibited him from helping his customers in the best way possible.

My job is very ESTJ, I've heard loads of times that its the type they want operational staff to have or to conform to, sometimes they say ESFJ because of the whole feeling contra thinking.

The whole thing is very subjective and in my experience often applied by people who are only superficially interested in it, if at all, there's a bizarre sort of anti-intellectualism too and scoffing at theory or theoretical types, especially subordinates, but that could all be aspects of the company thing you mention.

It wouldnt surprise me for a second that this goes on, in any field, that there are great workers who just cant find a decent company to work for. In my experience its no impediment to promotion if you actively dislike the company's public or product or service, in many respects its a plus, dont ask me why. I marvel that companies can carry on as long as they have and no doubt will in perpetuity with this going on.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
kindergarten cop
have you not been listening? lol..... (no hostility intended).....i got a psychosexual evaluation done recently that says i cant be around kids.... (though my range of attraction is 12-18 and im 18, and im never attracted to anyone younger, and you said kindergarten, but im no expert and im sure they know hat they're doing).....besides......no....just...no...

- - - Updated - - -

Janitor
Camp counselor
Bus driver
was that sarcasm? or hostility?

- - - Updated - - -

Mortician.
i believe that would be infj are you being sarcastic, serious, or hostile?

i believe that would be infj are you being sarcastic, serious, or hostile?
You think an INTJ couldn’t handle the job? A quiet orderly work environment. 100% compliant clientele and a complete lack of incompetent coworkers. What’s not to love? Anyway, two of the three are correct. Now which two?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Analysts and Engineers.

I'm an analyst but my ENFJ is the engineer.

I also know an ESTP funeral home director. Strange but he inherited the business and it's very profitable. He is a "doer" though, lots of community and athletic interests.

rav3n

I'm an analyst but my ENFJ is the engineer.

I also know an ESTP funeral home director. Strange but he inherited the business and it's very profitable. He is a "doer" though, lots of community and athletic interests.
Pretty much anyone can be anything but analysis and engineering line up nicely to the INTJ cogfun stacking.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Janitor
Camp counselor
Bus driver

Hey I could see an INTJ be all 3 of those... a camp counselor driving on his way to work with his/her campee's to fulfill his additional cleaning duties. Hell yeah.

Take that double/triple majoring people in college.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my mind, a good starting point is "What do you enjoy?" And "Whst interests you?" Or you can start out another way and think "What would make me absolutely miserable?" It's not going to be the same for every INTJ, or any type for that matter.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my mind, a good starting point is "What do you enjoy?" And "Whst interests you?" Or you can start out another way and think "What would make me absolutely miserable?" It's not going to be the same for every INTJ, or any type for that matter.

If that were true there would only be 16 jobs.