User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    If you want, you could also do trade school for cooking. Beware, however, the good-paying chef jobs are fiercely competitive:
    35-2013.00 - Cooks, Private Household
    I've considered this actually. I know good things don't come without practice, but I've never cooked anything but pre-packaged soup before. I also wasn't fast enough to be a line cook at the Mexican restaurant I work at, so they relegated me to cashier. It would be interesting to see if I could make it through a school like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanonymous
    Not interested in anything? This is not normal, you are either exaggerating or being dead serious. If you really are not interested in anything I suggest looking up the diagnostic criteria for depression and getting help asap. I mean if you're not interested in anything then what do you do all day? Nothing?
    Not good at anything? Not possible. Think back. What comes naturally to you? Of the subjects in high school, which did you feel was more natural for you? You have to do lots of introspection here.
    Once you've found your interest and what you're good at you can look at matching majors. You should also check what type of career these majors can get you and also consider personal requirements you would have in a career.
    I'm trying not to exaggerate. When I say I'm not interested, I really do mean it. What do I spend every day doing? Well, sometimes I watch videos from SNL, don't understand the political jokes, and even some of the normal ones. Then feel like I have something wrong with me. Sometimes I try to learn other languages, but I can't come up with a motivation to learn them, so I give up each time I try. Even in the absence of motivation, if I had enough perseverance to get through it, I'd be successful, but alas, it never happens. Spanish was the easiest for me when I was 14, but that's because it was designed to be. Other than that, at school, I just coasted by hoping I wouldn't get found out (that I didn't excel at anything). I work a split-shift job during the week, and when I get home during the day, I mostly just want to lay on the couch. It's hard for me to think deeply, not to mention about myself. But I suppose I can try harder. Thank you for your input.
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by awbro View Post
    I've considered this actually. I know good things don't come without practice, but I've never cooked anything but pre-packaged soup before. I also wasn't fast enough to be a line cook at the Mexican restaurant I work at, so they relegated me to cashier. It would be interesting to see if I could make it through a school like this.

I'm trying not to exaggerate. When I say I'm not interested, I really do mean it. What do I spend every day doing? Well, sometimes I watch videos from SNL, don't understand the political jokes, and even some of the normal ones. Then feel like I have something wrong with me. Sometimes I try to learn other languages, but I can't come up with a motivation to learn them, so I give up each time I try. Even in the absence of motivation, if I had enough perseverance to get through it, I'd be successful, but alas, it never happens. Spanish was the easiest for me when I was 14, but that's because it was designed to be. Other than that, at school, I just coasted by hoping I wouldn't get found out (that I didn't excel at anything). I work a split-shift job during the week, and when I get home during the day, I mostly just want to lay on the couch. It's hard for me to think deeply, not to mention about myself. But I suppose I can try harder. Thank you for your input.
    If your parents are still alive, they would be far better to ask than those of us on the forum. They are older, wiser, and watched you grow up. They will have insight into your nature you lack.

MBTI
    ESFJ

If your parents are still alive, they would be far better to ask than those of us on the forum. They are older, wiser, and watched you grow up. They will have insight into your nature you lack.
    True, true. I've tried this as well but they are ever-optimistic about me and my abilities. So far they think I'm good at everything, so that's no place to start.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by awbro View Post
    True, true. I've tried this as well but they are ever-optimistic about me and my abilities. So far they think I'm good at everything, so that's no place to start.
    Now, if you want to REALLY perfect the art of service, you can go to butler school. You will learn cooking, wine matching, how to work with high society, how to speak british english, and household management skills. Butlers are a hot commodity among the world's wealthy right now, and they especially want white males, but you can still get in without being white or male. Most rich people want the traditional butler experience, though, since they will be paying you 50k-250k a year, depending on how rich of a family you get to serve. Wealthy Chinese families are the biggest employer of butlers, followed by wealthy British families, followed by wealthy American families. The good thing about butler school is it is fairly cheap, but is still a well paying profession.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Now, if you want to REALLY perfect the art of service, you can go to butler school. You will learn cooking, wine matching, how to work with high society, how to speak british english, and household management skills. Butlers are a hot commodity among the world's wealthy right now, and they especially want white males, but you can still get in without being white or male. Most rich people want the traditional butler experience, though, since they will be paying you 50k-250k a year, depending on how rich of a family you get to serve. Wealthy Chinese families are the biggest employer of butlers, followed by wealthy British families, followed by wealthy American families. The good thing about butler school is it is fairly cheap, but is still a well paying profession.
    I used to want to be a butler when I was 14 because of Black Butler.

johari
    nohari
    Likes Yama, Avocado, awbro liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

The International Butler Academy - Butlerschool

That is the BEST butler school out there. If I hadn't had a scholarship, I might have done that.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The International Butler Academy - Butlerschool

That is the BEST butler school out there. If I hadn't had a scholarship, I might have done that.
    You still could do that if your masters idea doesn't work out.

johari
    nohari
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Women's Studies

MBTI
    ESFJ

@The Wailing Specter and @Smilephantomhive: Black Butler didn't allow me to take that seriously. (I've liked the series since I was 13 or 14 and used to dream about being as good as Sebastian Michaelis.) But I have thought about being better able to serve my customers because I can be pretty inept. If I worked for a family in another country, that would definitely give me a good reason to learn another language because it would be practical. I'll think about it.
    @StonedPhilosopher: I realize that putting myself in such a low position puts any major anyone suggests in a low place by default as well. And I also realize shooting down any idea people give me is not helping anyone, least of all myself when I'm the one that posed the question in the first place. But let me ask this: does women's studies have to do with the type of social justice erm, theory that I see on Tumblr? That's the only way I'm acquainted with the subject.

Thanks all for helping my on my quest!

@awbro i was just shitposting