• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm gonna be ok

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I like making my show, more than I like getting high.

I feel like I can finally try, I mean really try at something. I've hated every job I've ever had, and knew my skills were being wasted.

I feel like I don't have to worry about winding up doing something I hate forever.

I feel like I could become happy enough doing this that I don't have to be depressed and get fucked up all the time.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I feel like I can finally try, I mean really try at something. I've hated every job I've ever had, and knew my skills were being wasted.

I feel like I don't have to worry about winding up doing something I hate forever.

I feel like I could become happy enough doing this that I don't have to be depressed and get fucked up all the time.

Go for it!

When it comes to this, if a human being has found something that (even if temporarily) reduces the suffering of our own egos/existence or our fabricated wants/needs I can do nothing but urge.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Can you support yourself doing it?

Though I mostly disagree with you I still wish you well, and am always glad to see someone land in a vocation/avocation where they can find real fulfillment.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Can you support yourself doing it? Though I mostly disagree with you I still wish you well, and am always glad to see someone land in a vocation/avocation where they can find real fulfillment.
I come from a background of what I don't have to worry about that too much I hope that doesn't sound supershitty.

- - - Updated - - -

I am part owner of the family business

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I come from a background of what I don't have to worry about that too much I hope that doesn't sound supershitty.

- - - Updated - - -

You are lucky then. (So am I, in different ways.) No shame in that as long as you make the most of it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I hated myself for not being able to be what everyone else wanted me to be. I spent a decade loathing myself in a way that can only be described as catastrophic

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I hated myself for not being able to be what everyone else wanted me to be. I spent a decade loathing myself in a way that can only be described as catastrophic

Why would the opinion of everyone else matter? Be whatever YOU want to be. You have the obligation to respect yourself in order for others to respect you. I don't care about what you want to achieve, you will achieve it if you stand up for yourself and never feel guilty about it.

You feel that you let down the others who love you for not meeting their expectations, the pain roaming inside your chest when you feel them judging you is eating you from the inside out, you feel that it's your duty to put your desires aside because you would seem egotistical. That is very commendable and thoughtful of you, but you're neglecting yourself. You are the most important element in all of this.

Reach out to yourself and exact your own desires.
Most people make decisions based on feelings. Hopefully what you will feel doing this will serve you to choose the fulfillment of your own goals.

Either way, all the best.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be ashamed of your good fortune, use it to further your personal goals. Everyone is lucky in some way, to varying extents. Some less so than others, but it's how we take advantage of any opportunities that arise from our circumstances that is important.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Why would the opinion of everyone else matter? Be whatever YOU want to be. You have the obligation to respect yourself in order for others to respect you. I don't care about what you want to achieve, you will achieve it if you stand up for yourself and never feel guilty about it. You feel that you let down the others who love you for not meeting their expectations, the pain roaming inside your chest when you feel them judging you is eating you from the inside out, you feel that it's your duty to put your desires aside because you would seem egotistical. That is very commendable and thoughtful of you, but you're neglecting yourself. You are the most important element in all of this. Reach out to yourself and exact your own desires. Most people make decisions based on feelings. Hopefully what you will feel doing this will serve you to choose the fulfillment of your own goals. Either way, all the best.
It was more what I thought they wanted me to be. My mom thought I should be in radio.
But I thought I had to be a Dr or lawyer or finance whiz like the rest of us.