User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    STP

Im good at math and its interesting. But really only learn what is required for what i need. I made it through calculus in college. Hardest part for me with calculus was the fact i woke up at 5pm and worked 12 hour shift from 6:30pm to 7:00am and my calculus class was at 9:00am

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    *NF*
    Enneagram
    852 sx/sp
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

NO. I hated it at school I felt it like a torture and saw the teacher like a dick-tator (well he was).

Later (after university) I studied graphology and I must say it is much more useful.

That is true I may work one day (only one) about becoming friend with numbers as well. I have already started with numerology, not so bad....
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......
    Likes LittleCat, chickpea liked this post

Off to new adventures LittleCat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I can learn up to a point, but then I forget the equations and all that if I don't use them regularly, which I usually don't. So basic, everyday math, yes! I enjoy that kind of math. Others, I would have to relearn. Overall, though, math wasn't my favorite subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Blue View Post
    I think most people have to have concepts explained to them the first time round though, or build up to it. You don't just walk into a calculus class knowing the advanced stages. Granted there are geniuses for who it will just make sense immediately and some who really are very good at understanding and advancing/propelling themselves. So yeah I don't think I am 'bad' at math, just average.
    There's a lot of rote memorization in math which drives me nuts. Coding's much easier since it's more pure logic.
    Likes Betty Blue liked this post

Bismouths lil Munchkin Amethyst Archon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I'm pretty good at math I just didn't get into it deep enough but it's a really interesting area to get into.

Maths has always been like meditation, because I naturally like solving systems and investigating techniques. Plus my Dad is an engineer and stored old maths and science books in my room when I was young, so I learnt a lot from self study and had him as a good resource to ask things when needed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    There's a lot of rote memorization in math which drives me nuts. Coding's much easier since it's more pure logic.
    That sounds like bad teaching. No wonder it drove you nuts. Math is about patterns, processes, and results, but I suppose it is harder to teach that way for someone who doesn't really understand it him/herself.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes BlueScreen liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i never had a natural ability for it, and opted out of any high level math because of it. i didn’t even finish algebra 2 in high school, i took the slacker math class called “personal finance.” i did score decently in math on standardized tests, but it was definitely my weakest subject.

the only part i found easy was statistics, and i managed a good grade in my community college stats class lol. and i can do pretty quick basic mental math.
    Likes Betty Blue liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I am excellent in algebra but terrible in geometry.
    People are more twisted than people think.

http://kevan.org/jh/nomendei | http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Nomendei

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As a subject in HS, I struggle a lot with Maths but that's mostly just because I'm always too lazy to practice.
    Normal Math, like simply adding/subtracting number is my head is quite easy for me although since I'm kind of skeptical about everything I do, I will appear very slow. Even if it just takes me a fraction of a second to triple numbers, I'll do it over and over again to see if I'm actually right idk why