• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your Dream Job?

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Forget about your real job; what about your dream job?! Responses can vary in terms of how realistic they are. Is there anything you want to really explore that you haven't? Or is there a job you would love to be good at but in could never really do? Blessed is the soul whose dream job is their real job. I'm thinking I'll probably be getting more dream responses than realities.

For me my realistic-ish job is to be a video editor. I really think it would be cool if I could tailor, edit film how I wanted to.

And for my unrealistic job- Olympic snowboarder. Because, that'd be awesome.

P.S. this thread was not meant to knock the real careers thread. It's just a subject of it's own.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dream Job: Musician

Realistic Job: Musician

I'm going for it. Watch me.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get paid to make political analysis/prognostics. And I'm currently studying to turn it into reality.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Creator of animated films to express my ideas.

Although it turns out I find the actual technical details of creating them extremely boring. So maybe story-boarding instead...

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Novelist for dream job, and it might become a reality someday as I'm able to accomplish most things I set my mind to ... except for setting my mind on something, apparently.

Dream Job: Musician

Realistic Job: Musician

I'm going for it. Watch me.

Well hey, if you don't at least try, you'll spend the rest of your life struggling with a huge what if.

gromit

likes this
Right now I would just really like my current job but with enough time built into the schedule to do documentation during the work day so I wouldn't have to stay late to finish.

I don't even know if something like that exists.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd love to be an actor. It really feels stupid to think and say outloud.. but that's what I want to do.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd love to be an actor. It really feels stupid to think and say outloud.. but that's what I want to do.

That's not stupid at all. What is foolish though, is not following your dream and then regretting it later. So follow your dream, I say! And don't ever quit! ;)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Novelist, but I don't think me saying that surprises anyone here who I've spoken to more than one time.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Realisticish dream job: Editor/Novelist. I spend more time reading about writing than actually writing, but if I start putting pen to paper more often, I think it could happen.

Phantasmagorical dream job: Lord of the Rings Tour Guide in New Zealand. Or the Ambassador to Puppies. There's no such thing as an Ambassador to Puppies, but there should be.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lets_player_chibi__dassodom__by_ookana_chanoo-d3iwgri.png
Who me?

hav

MBTI Type
INTJ
Something about being a professor always seemed really interesting to me. In literature of course. Other than that I could see myself being a librarian or working at a book publishing company, seems fantastic to read lots of manuscripts all day, and to decide what is worth publishing and what isn't. While I do love to write, having published one book so far, I think being a full-time writer would be too much pressure. It might sound odd, but reading, studying and teaching literature is more exciting to me than actually writing it.

Lark

I would like to own a franchise of video game arcades which would host the classics and retro titles, from the earliest games until the nineties lazer disc shooting gallery titels, it'd have all the standard cabinets but also, as I say the shooting gallery ones, the punch out style boxing ones, mechanical bull horns one (it was a strength arcade kind of like the arm wrestling ones) and each would have a small juice or espresso counter. I think I'd call them the penny arcade but I dont know, the point anyway would be that these arcades would no charge the inflated prices I've seen more recent arcades charge, they'd not feature the X Box or other titles which you may aswell play at home, although there may be some games like the air ace simulators or rambo shooter which I'd include at the cheaper rate to play too. The idea is that it'd be about fun as much a turning a damn profit, I dont know when or why the same sorts of experiences leaped from twenty pence to a full pound.

I'd also thought about maybe having a section in them which you paid for an hour and all the cabinets were set to free play, having record attempts, tournaments and kids free nights.

Besides that I've always had an idea about some sort of unsocial hours coffee shop, it could serve alcoholic beverages, like irish, baileys, scotch, calypso coffees or a total of two craft beers, circulated fairly frequently.

I also like the idea, which I'd read about working in parts of Russia, of a coffee shop or desserts cafe in which you pay for time or a table and you can bring whatever beverages you want, eat as much of the food, ie cakes or whatever, which are replenished by the staff in the time you paid for.

Anyway, those are sort of ideas about sharing interests or passions, in most cases I'd want to be a silent partner or owners as opposed to manager.

For me the ideal job wouldnt be a single job, I like Marx's idea about doing one thing in the morning, another by lunch and something altogether different in the evening, as you choose. Splitting my job between two or more locations, splitting my day even maybe, meeting as many different people as possible but being able to be task centred as opposed to having to deal with a lot of politiking or plotting or scheming. I'd also like to split my week between work and skills training, real skills training, not some mindfulness bullshit but learning joinery, plumbing, electrician, programming or engineering skills. Combine that with some sort of physical training aspect and that's the dream.

In many ways its the life I imagine the independently wealthy live.