• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is big 5 better for finding suitable career than MBTI? Where's the best big5 test?

rocco

MBTI Type
intj

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got SLOAI and I'm an ENFJ. I have gotten other results on it, though. I'd say it's helpful if you combine it with the MBTI and maybe a learning style test. Technically MyPersonality.info does that. It's neat to see.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel that MBTI is more career oriented. Though a bit stereotypical, it focuses on, well, "focus". Big 5 is more about about integrity or "health" of the personality. [MENTION=29143]Thirteenly[/MENTION] brings up an interesting idea. Foucs+temperment would probably lead to better career choices that are more "geared" toward an individual.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To be fair though, the Big 5 can be roughly correlated with the MBTI letters dichotomy. Like this:
  • Openness -> Sensing/Intuition
  • Conscientiousness -> Judging/Perceiving
  • Extroversion -> Introversion/Extroversion
  • Agreeableness -> Thinking/Feeling
The Neuroticism trait doesn't really have an MBTI equivalent, but the comparison is noteworthy nonetheless. I'm fairly sure there's a proper career personality test out there that isn't based on either, but it's slipped my mind as of now.