• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That took quite a dramatic turn. Going from wanting to heal people to killing them. What happened there?

Not only do you possibly not have the guts, it's illegal too. Though some states in America make an exception for killing people on death row, apparently that doesn't count as murder. (This reminds me of a 'funny' story a teacher once wrote. She asked the kids what they'd like to do as a job once they've finished school. One of them wrote he wanted to become a serial killer...)

I was a nice kid while I was homeschooled for a few years, but I turned edgy and hateful after attending public school.

And yeah, for sure it's illegal and definitely not worth it. It's definitely not a desire of mine at this point. I wonder if that serial kid that teacher knew ever followed his dreams, haha.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've wanted to be several things while I was growing up. When I was a very small child I wanted to be a spy, a farmer or an explorer. When I was a bit older, around 10, I wanted to be an astronomer or a geologist. When I was a preteen I wanted to be a writer, poet and illustrator

At the moment I'm studying forestry and environmental sciences, so I'm probably going to be a forester after I get my master's degree, or work in something related to the environment anyway. I also would still like to be a writer, someday; too bad I don't have any talent in writing

Lark

Archaeologist or an animator. Always been drawn to science and art.

Have you ever read Bertrand Russell's idea that there are two modes of existence, the possessive and the creative?

Its a little like Erich Fromm's having or being modes, although Fromm's is a little different, at least I think Fromm's explains the experience economy a bit too (as in "having" experience being a thing people imagine they can "possess", which Russell didnt live long enough to analyse and even Fromm only saw the start of among rich people in his day).

The later, the creative, is kind of like the creative mode. Its in a book called Political Ideals but I think its a misnomer, its politics sure but its more a kind of philosophy or world view determining more than just that one thing, if that makes sense. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Black Sun

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]
No I haven't, but you made me curious so I started Political Ideals a few days ago. Thanks for the response.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the time mathematician, then surgeon or actor. Or a postman - an idea of putting letters in the correct mailboxes was appealing to me. Later, in my early teens, I stopped having dreams and started planning instead. My goals haven't changed since then, so now I'm studying theoretical physics and probably will publish a book one day. So let's say my childhood dreams came true.

Tanker64B

MBTI Type
INTP
I wanted to be a fighter pilot.
And then, I learnt you had to study math real hard to do that job. :D

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't recall having a dream job when I was a kid. School was miserable enough, why would I want a job? I had many hobbies like palaeontology, sculpting, history, video games, drawing, biology, petty vandalism, climbing roofs, etc. but I don't recall any dream job.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Veterinary Surgeon, but I didn't have the educational aptitude.

And after working in a surgery I'm glad I changed my mind.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One I haven't mentioned was that I wanted to run my own amusement park, I remember I'd be sitting around drawing and conceptualizing my own types of rides. Thank you, RollerCoaster Tycoon. I also had this very specific fantasy of wanting to run a candy shop with the help of my two daughters.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had so many dream jobs. Neurosurgeon, fashion designer, pop star, movie director, interior designer, forensic pathologist. That's all I can remember

Trenton

I love chemistry from school and decided to work with chemistry in the future. I study it in college and have plan to get scholarship from one of the list here for students who study chemistry. It will be good financial help for me like student. I want to get AMS Named Scholarships.

Last edited:

junathan

I wanted to become a fashion designer, singer, an artist, be the next cake boss, a counselor, and many more. It felt like I was capable of doing all that but the reality is, I'm just an ordinary person doing the most ordinary thing haha.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When asked, I would usually respond with artist or butler. Now I'm transitioning into real estate. I can see the link with domesticity and having an eye for beauty.

junathan

When asked, I would usually respond with artist or butler. Now I'm transitioning into real estate. I can see the link with domesticity and having an eye for beauty.
I'm curious tho, what is that transition like to you? :)

Cause for someone to transit from wanting to become an artist to someone into real estate. That's a HUGE jump.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious tho, what is that transition like to you? :)

Cause for someone to transit from wanting to become an artist to someone into real estate. That's a HUGE jump.
Oh, I lost interest in the idea of being an artist once I was no longer in grade school and realized I don't enjoy the process of creating art in the traditional sense. I enjoy visualizing potential, though, and in this case envisioning beautiful spaces. A portion of my current income comes from organizing homes, and to me that is also an artistic process.

Last edited: