• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was dreaming of being a mermaid and run away from a world full of constraints, useless authorities and rules. I would eat fish all day long, brush my hair, swim with dolphins, being so wild that no one would never ever know me, or only the seagulls, some far away captains, the sun and the moon. Oups, just realised you were talking about job. I think I never thought of something special until I left France. So that wasn't during my childhood for sure.

Tengri

Growing up, I loved animals and had a menagerie of pets starting from a young age. Fish, reptiles, amphibians, rodents, birds, rabbits, cats, and a lot of the smaller animals caught in the lakes and streams around the house I grew up in. The older I got, the more elaborate the enclosures and requirements got. Despite my parents' best intentions (or wishes) - though in retrospect, they sure put up with a lot - I had it in my young mind to become what I understood to be an idealized wildlife biologist. Some of that has followed me into adulthood and crept into my current profession (and hopefully more so after another degree), but now I have enough sense to keep only one or two pets at a time.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I wanted to be a marine biologist.

I'm a dog groomer.

Wrong animal. Wrong environment. I hate the thought of both jobs.

Now excuse me while I get back to eating my ice cream in a desperate attempt to numb the void.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
idk. I know my parents told me I always wanted to drive. Once I drove go-karts, I would bother them about driving. I do remember that I never understood why there was an age limit. Why couldn't everyone drive go-karts then I could drive- now!? I remember telling my parents how much safer go-karts were compared to cars and that everyone could drive one and you can crash and no one gets hurt. WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME...

I was a confused 10 year old. I didn't figure that whole time/distance equation thing yet. :D

I don't really remember whether I had a big urge to drive when I was 9 years old but I do remember my dad offering to teach me so I took him up on it. After about a day or so of learning how to drive stick shift, my super responsible ESFP father decided it was time to hit the road. So wwith me in the driver seat with the pillow under my ass (so I can reach the pedals) we went for a drive in the city. I remember people from a bus looking through the windows at me a bit perplexed as I passed them in my dad's car. After a few turns we came across an OMON checkpoint (basically Soviet paramilitary in fatigues carrying AKs). A sentry approached our car and looked at me sitting in the driver's seat, my eyes barely reaching over the steering wheel, then looked at my dad at the passenger seat. My dad told him that he was teaching me to drive. The sentry then waved us through the checkpoint and we went on our merry way.

It was a simpler time.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really remember whether I had a big urge to drive when I was 9 years old but I do remember my dad offering to teach me so I took him up on it. After about a day or so of learning how to drive stick shift, my super responsible ESFP father decided it was time to hit the road. So wwith me in the driver seat with the pillow under my ass (so I can reach the pedals) we went for a drive in the city. I remember people from a bus looking through the windows at me a bit perplexed as I passed them in my dad's car. After a few turns we came across an OMON checkpoint (basically Soviet paramilitary in fatigues carrying AKs). A sentry approached our car and looked at me sitting in the driver's seat, my eyes barely reaching over the steering wheel, then looked at my dad at the passenger seat. My dad told him that he was teaching me to drive. The sentry then waved us through the checkpoint and we went on our merry way.

It was a simpler time.

Thanks for sharing. Made me smile. My dad did a similar thing where we would steer the car while on his lap when smaller. It provided some good memories. My brothers and I loved it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
To be part of a mythical narrative inside my head.

As I grew older that became: Veterinary Surgeon. Now it might be 'purpose finder'.

noimage

Enneagram
I wanted to make clothes and costumes and used to call it a fashion designer since I did not know any better. i used to doodle women wearing things like gowns or alternative (even provocative) outfits all the time and I remember finding that sensuality intriguing.I wish I could go back to that state of mind.

When I figured out how to give them some sort of expression, I would give the sketch a name and make up some story in my mind, based on the outcome.

this is nowhere near to what I am doing for a living this time around but thinking about it does make me want to get my hands on a sketchbook like I did in the good old times.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted to bag groceries.

I'm glad to see that my hard work and determined focus in my studies has led me to not do that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None. I had a terrible time understanding my wants and desires when I was a child.

My dreams were always so abstract and I thought of other people all the time and wanting to help them but I never essentially made to help anyone my future.

All I wanted as a child was to belong and be appreciated, unfortunately I don't think it was really ever actualized for too long. I didn't conform to masculinity as a boy. I was very feminine as a child, I just wanted to support others to be who they wanted to be.

I didn't grab a major interest into video games until I used it as a medium to establish relationships with other boys. Girls dismissed me due to my male tabernacle.

Essentially, I was the Sam to your Frodo.

My role is to be a supporting character to the main. God never really intended to be the author of my own story.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A number of things, among which were paleontologist, explorer, astronomer. Then I found fiction writing, and that was the last one. The way it made me feel had a side effect of making me lose all enjoyment of discussing "dream jobs".

Plaerdemavida

I wanted to be so many things at once that I'm not sure I had a childhood dream job as such. I never thought about whatever I wanted to do at the moment as a job, mainly because I've always seen the concept as something unpleasant you're forced to do for surviving; it was more like a remunerated hobby so I guess that's why I wasn't able to reduce my options to just one.

As for the other question, I have no current profession, although I briefly worked as waitress which I hated and didn't resemble at all nothing I've ever been interested in, and I don't know what it will be. All I know is that I would like to study Spanish Philology. Maybe.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
None. I had a terrible time understanding my wants and desires when I was a child. My dreams were always so abstract and I thought of other people all the time and wanting to help them but I never essentially made to help anyone my future. All I wanted as a child was to belong and be appreciated, unfortunately I don't think it was really ever actualized for too long. I didn't conform to masculinity as a boy. I was very feminine as a child, I just wanted to support others to be who they wanted to be. I didn't grab a major interest into video games until I used it as a medium to establish relationships with other boys. Girls dismissed me due to my male tabernacle. Essentially, I was the Sam to your Frodo. My role is to be a supporting character to the main. God never really intended to be the author of my own story.
I kinda relate.
For some reason, this makes me really sad.
I guess.