• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job?

Jellyfish1234

I wanted to be either a dog sitter (like a babysitter but with dogs) or an Astronaut, until I realised I was terrified of rides/simulations/getting dizzy/sitting in a rocket ship and blasting off to space.
Now I'm trying to be an actor. I guess though, I did want to be an actor all along, I just didn't realise it. But I was always hardcore roleplaying in the playground, to the extent where I got so into character, when my character was in pain, I'd act it out big style and all the staff would rush over to me to make sure I was okay haha. I always loved being different characters and being different people and then one day it just hit me that I was yearning for a job as an actor.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to be an actress/ballerina/scientist. I thought I'd spend my days digging up dinosaur bones or narrating nature documentaries, and then I'd go to a lab to stare into a microscope. (I had no idea what would be on the slides. I just liked the idea, I guess.) As a kid, I thought it would be easy to act and do ballet in my spare time. I'd win Oscars and all that.

I'm not currently doing any of those things.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I wanted to be a hero, movie-style. Unfortunately there is a shortage of suitable villains for me to fight, and I also need to gather some material power to try and fight what villains and concepts there are.

And, you know, I'm not doing anything like that currently, unfortunately.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
idk. I know my parents told me I always wanted to drive. Once I drove go-karts, I would bother them about driving. I do remember that I never understood why there was an age limit. Why couldn't everyone drive go-karts then I could drive- now!? I remember telling my parents how much safer go-karts were compared to cars and that everyone could drive one and you can crash and no one gets hurt. WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME...

I was a confused 10 year old. I didn't figure that whole time/distance equation thing yet. :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  1. A wolf-dog from a Jack London book or werewolf
  2. Indiana Jones
  3. A witch with a dragon familiar who could also communicate with animals and had a sword
  4. Terra from FF6

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
idk. I know my parents told me I always wanted to drive. Once I drove go-karts, I would bother them about driving. I do remember that I never understood why there was an age limit. Why couldn't everyone drive go-karts then I could drive- now!? I remember telling my parents how much safer go-karts were compared to cars and that everyone could drive one and you can crash and no one gets hurt. WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME...

I was a confused 10 year old. I didn't figure that whole time/distance equation thing yet. :D

Oh funny. I couldn't wait to drive from as far back as I can remember. I loved go-carts - I still do. I never had a desire to race or do organized stuff. Just driving, I love it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to pilot the USS Enterprise.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A painter mostly, and I dreamed of traveling around the world, I once brought papers and wrote names of some cities and countries that I wanted to visit and hung them in the trees of our garden and imagined that I am a train that is traveling to those places :laugh: it was one of the silliest things I have ever done hahaha
*covering face with both hands*

Fate

I had a variety of childhood dream jobs, but I don't remember most of them.
* One of my first ones is designing and building ships.
* Voice actor.
* Being a mathematician?
* Game development (Currently)

tweetlebug

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
In my earliest years I wanted to be a lawyer because it meant you had high morals/integrity. I wanted to go to Harvard and I never questioned if that would be difficult. I could obviously do that! NBD

The in 7th grade I wanted to be an architect because I realized I was moved by space. That caught my attention. I also wanted to work in an office and write paychecks. I was really excited to be the boss, I think looking back.

Today I am an architect. I am not involved in payroll and I think I should be paid more. :)

I'm essentially the same person I've always been. My mind still works the same way. I have the same interests. I still play the violin and I still draw pictures. The only difference is that I don't do it for free anymore.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to my mom and sister, I wanted to be a firefighter when I was 2. Then when I was 7, there was the dream of becoming a fighter pilot when Top Gun came out on laser disc.

First serious "dream job" was to be a researcher (when I was 13/14).

When I was 16, I wanted an MD/PhD to do clinical research and be a trauma doctor.

I'm now a biomed researcher.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
mine was to solve world problems. i'm studying to be a social worker so sort of at least helping on a small scale.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dancer and mechanic.

No

Yes

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First, very early on, I wanted to be a bunch of things that aren't actual careers then I wanted to be a musician for a long time.

I didn't want to be what I will become until fairly recently.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a mixture of fantasy and real life ... I used to daydream about being beamed up by aliens (my aliens were always peaceful wonderful intelligent other beings... similar to the abyss), running away with the magic night circus and being a faerie. More realistic expectations from a young age were wanting to be a waitress and an actress, both of which i did to some extent.... I also managed the others in my imaginings.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The idealist in me wanted to be a scientist.

The realist in me wanted to be a dictator of some kind.

Lark

I wanted to be a saint when I was real young, because I thought of saints as being kind of like a Godly X-Men, then when I was slightly older but still not out of primary school I wanted to be a ninja, then when I reached my teens I wanted to be Che Guevara, its all pretty stupid and if I could time travel I guess I'd have tried to convince myself that learning more about programming and computers would've been a good idea.

What I take from it is that I've always thought more about "what you are" than "what you do".

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought my ExFP aunt was really cool, given she was younger than my mom and less, well, mumsy. It was the 80s and she had this Madonna hairdo (but dark red/black, not blonde) and wore a lot of black. At that time she was not married nor a mother and had a fun job doing hair extensions at an upscale salon and an apartment on the beach. I thought I would like to be a hairdresser, then. That was probably around age 5-6.

As I got a bit older, I, er, realistically dreamt about being a poet and/or cartoonist, as I spent most of my free time doing those things; but I sort of knew money would be an issue, so then that eventually shifted to some kind of commercial art/design (and here I am...).

As a teen, I thought about architecture too, but decided I don't like technical drawing. I thought about fashion design, but it also seemed a pipe dream, and I'm not competitive or social enough for a world like that.

I more unrealistically wanted to start a chick band and be the main songwriter. But I have no musical talent or haven't tried to cultivate any.

edit: I still want to be a poet and/or cartoonist and start a chick band.