User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

I had a variety of childhood dream jobs, but I don't remember most of them.
    * One of my first ones is designing and building ships.
    * Voice actor.
    * Being a mathematician?
    * Game development (Currently)
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    ? None

In my earliest years I wanted to be a lawyer because it meant you had high morals/integrity. I wanted to go to Harvard and I never questioned if that would be difficult. I could obviously do that! NBD

The in 7th grade I wanted to be an architect because I realized I was moved by space. That caught my attention. I also wanted to work in an office and write paychecks. I was really excited to be the boss, I think looking back.

Today I am an architect. I am not involved in payroll and I think I should be paid more.

I'm essentially the same person I've always been. My mind still works the same way. I have the same interests. I still play the violin and I still draw pictures. The only difference is that I don't do it for free anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

According to my mom and sister, I wanted to be a firefighter when I was 2. Then when I was 7, there was the dream of becoming a fighter pilot when Top Gun came out on laser disc.

First serious "dream job" was to be a researcher (when I was 13/14).

When I was 16, I wanted an MD/PhD to do clinical research and be a trauma doctor.

I'm now a biomed researcher.
    "How badly did you have to break it to make it care about people so much?"
    "That didn't break it. It's what made it work."

5w6 1w9 2w1, sp/so

MBTI
    yupp

mine was to solve world problems. i'm studying to be a social worker so sort of at least helping on a small scale.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Dancer and mechanic.

No

Yes
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

First, very early on, I wanted to be a bunch of things that aren't actual careers then I wanted to be a musician for a long time.

I didn't want to be what I will become until fairly recently.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I had a mixture of fantasy and real life ... I used to daydream about being beamed up by aliens (my aliens were always peaceful wonderful intelligent other beings... similar to the abyss), running away with the magic night circus and being a faerie. More realistic expectations from a young age were wanting to be a waitress and an actress, both of which i did to some extent.... I also managed the others in my imaginings.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

The idealist in me wanted to be a scientist.

The realist in me wanted to be a dictator of some kind.

I wanted to be a saint when I was real young, because I thought of saints as being kind of like a Godly X-Men, then when I was slightly older but still not out of primary school I wanted to be a ninja, then when I reached my teens I wanted to be Che Guevara, its all pretty stupid and if I could time travel I guess I'd have tried to convince myself that learning more about programming and computers would've been a good idea.

What I take from it is that I've always thought more about "what you are" than "what you do".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I thought my ExFP aunt was really cool, given she was younger than my mom and less, well, mumsy. It was the 80s and she had this Madonna hairdo (but dark red/black, not blonde) and wore a lot of black. At that time she was not married nor a mother and had a fun job doing hair extensions at an upscale salon and an apartment on the beach. I thought I would like to be a hairdresser, then. That was probably around age 5-6.

As I got a bit older, I, er, realistically dreamt about being a poet and/or cartoonist, as I spent most of my free time doing those things; but I sort of knew money would be an issue, so then that eventually shifted to some kind of commercial art/design (and here I am...).

As a teen, I thought about architecture too, but decided I don't like technical drawing. I thought about fashion design, but it also seemed a pipe dream, and I'm not competitive or social enough for a world like that.

I more unrealistically wanted to start a chick band and be the main songwriter. But I have no musical talent or haven't tried to cultivate any.

edit: I still want to be a poet and/or cartoonist and start a chick band.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Consilience, Cloudpatrol liked this post