First 1220212223 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I wanted to be a secret agent.
    Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

I wanted to be a veterinarian. I still do.

Enneagram
    9 sp

Elementary School: professional gymnast, soccer player, swimmer etc. (I liked sports, but wasn't great at them)
    High School: something related to biology
    Actual career: school psychologist

I could see myself possibly changing careers in the future or moving toward a more behind the scenes role (possibly something research-based). Working in schools, particularly urban schools with limited resources and incompetent leadership, has really disillusioned me and I've been questioning the value of my role a lot this year.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

early childhood: author, then it was conservationist/biologist
    Later childhood: Academic.

Gentleman Explorer
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I've probably answered before. As a child I was obsessed with gymnastics and singing and wanted to do that for my life. I didn't really picture actual jobs, but just wanted to always play. As a teenybopper I wanted to be an astronaut and secretly wondered if I was actually an alien. Then as a teenager I wanted to be a singer/songwriter and was torn between majoring in astrophysics or music. Music won out. I guess I sort of am a singer/songwriter and a wannabe dancer. I AM doing my childhood dream jobs, except I'm poor and relatively obscure and not on Mars.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey

MBTI
    ISTx
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I've wanted to be a few different things as a child. A cancer doctor, a rock star, a famous author, an assassin.

I really don't want to be a cancer doctor. Not sure if I have the guts or the skill to be an assassin.

Being a rock star or a famous author would be nice and fulfilling, but I do fear that if it becomes my career it would ruin my loves for writing or music.

I got a degree in marketing and communications and now I am a reports analyst. It's somewhat close to my desired writing job, I guess. I think one day I would like to become a book editor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by movinout View Post
    I've wanted to be a few different things as a child. A cancer doctor, a rock star, a famous author, an assassin.

I really don't want to be a cancer doctor. Not sure if I have the guts or the skill to be an assassin.
    That took quite a dramatic turn. Going from wanting to heal people to killing them. What happened there?

Not only do you possibly not have the guts, it's illegal too. Though some states in America make an exception for killing people on death row, apparently that doesn't count as murder. (This reminds me of a 'funny' story a teacher once wrote. She asked the kids what they'd like to do as a job once they've finished school. One of them wrote he wanted to become a serial killer...)
    I Always Go Back To Me

Likes MovinOut liked this post

MBTI
    ISTx
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    That took quite a dramatic turn. Going from wanting to heal people to killing them. What happened there?

Not only do you possibly not have the guts, it's illegal too. Though some states in America make an exception for killing people on death row, apparently that doesn't count as murder. (This reminds me of a 'funny' story a teacher once wrote. She asked the kids what they'd like to do as a job once they've finished school. One of them wrote he wanted to become a serial killer...)
    I was a nice kid while I was homeschooled for a few years, but I turned edgy and hateful after attending public school.

And yeah, for sure it's illegal and definitely not worth it. It's definitely not a desire of mine at this point. I wonder if that serial kid that teacher knew ever followed his dreams, haha.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    947 sx/so

I've wanted to be several things while I was growing up. When I was a very small child I wanted to be a spy, a farmer or an explorer. When I was a bit older, around 10, I wanted to be an astronomer or a geologist. When I was a preteen I wanted to be a writer, poet and illustrator

At the moment I'm studying forestry and environmental sciences, so I'm probably going to be a forester after I get my master's degree, or work in something related to the environment anyway. I also would still like to be a writer, someday; too bad I don't have any talent in writing