User Tag List

First 1119202122 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Jesus. Comparing childhood dream jobs to typology rating is amazingly hilarious...

Archaeologist for me. The boring kind, not the indiana jones kind.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

There's a lot of hilarious things in life. Stay tuned Internet.

Who else had a childhood we didnt know about? Let's stay tuned and find out...
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Paleontologist, followed by zookeeper. Maybe I could claim zookeeper is similar had I decided to become a vet, but my present career aspirations are completely different.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Then: Marine biologist because I thought that meant I'd get to be in the ocean/tide pools all the time. Plus, I loved animals and marine animals were the most alluring to me at the time.

Now: I work on the design side of construction. I like about 70% of it. Too many meetings, though. The politics of it falls on the 30% side, as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Then: Marine biologist because I thought that meant I'd get to be in the ocean/tide pools all the time. Plus, I loved animals and marine animals were the most alluring to me at the time.

Now: I work on the design side of construction. I like about 70% of it. Too many meetings, though. The politics of it falls on the 30% side, as well.
    My brother is a marine biologist. He did do research projects off the coast of Namibia and deep in the jungle of Sumatra while still studying but now he does quality control for an algae breeder. Earning a living is usually prosaic, I guess.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes laintpe, cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

A botanist specializing in mosses, ferns, and carnivorous plants.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...
    Likes Luminous, cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Child me:

Main dream- I wanted to be a Disney voice actress and be in Broadway musicals. Had a passing desire to be a vet after one of my cats birthed kittens, but changed my mind when one of them died.

Backup plan- I wanted to own a little bookstore with a hot cocoa cafe inside, & a small apartment above it on the 2nd floor. I’d sell nothing but fairy tales & scary stories. There was to be a secret passage behind one of the bookcases that led to a speakeasy where I could be a lounge singer like Jessica Rabbit at night. Another secret passage behind a false wall near the bar, to get up to my apartment. There’d be a big fire escape outside my bedroom window, where I could climb out & look at the stars, or watch people on the streets below, or sing out at the sky like an overdramatic weirdo, walking up & down the fire escape stairs.

Retirement plan - I fully intended to end my days living in a creepy Victorian house, at the end of a long, narrow, suburban neighborhood street (with normal pretty little houses). I would have high walls in my backyard that no one could see over, concealing a lush garden that grew all kinds of food, and catnip. Cats would roam free, there. I’d let the paint peel on my porch, & leaves pile up. Cobwebs would be my outdoor curtains. I’d stay inside most of the time, dressed in nothing but black high-necked dresses with my hair completely gray & down to my feet. Playing with my cats. Who all hate children, growling and yowling as they pass the property. And all the neighborhood children would make up stories about me, to share with one another in their treehouses at night. I heard she turns kids into mice to feed all her cats! - I heard she rides a broom when the moon is full, and her eyes glow! - I heard if you look her in the eye, she can turn you into a cat in just one blink. That’s where all those cats came from. All those kids who ‘moved away.’ Or so we thought. They’d think of me when a branch snapped in the dark, wind rustled their drapes, or when cats screech and fight beneath the lamplights. They’d stay far, far, from my house on Halloween, but dare one another to go knock on The Witch of [Whatever] Street’s door, nonetheless.
    (In truth I’d just be an eccentric mean old cat lady, of course)

Adult me:

I’ve gotten that witchy recluse part down, at least.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Tater, cascadeco, The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Paranormal investigator
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes ThisName liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

I switched a lot between becoming a professional dog trainer, 'something with nature or animals', dolphin 'trainer' (I'm against keeping cetaceans in captivity now), professional photographer/videographers (I was amazed by the documentaries about the amazon forests in New-Guinea), police and eventually the military.

Now the military 'dream' kept up until I was 18. The major reason why I wanted to join was to train dogs. I met a woman who did this. Her dogs lived at her place, she trained them, did everything with them. It seemed amazing. Because you know, you can't make a lot of money (or just money to live) when you're just training some dogs, it's pretty hard to find a job like that. So the military seemed like a perfect 'solution'.
    Last edited by ThisName; 09-22-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ?

I wanted to be a game developer. But kind of became disillusioned when I realized how games require hundreds of people that all work on different parts of the game to put something together. I wanted it to be a form of interactively telling a story, like a director, but it's crazy how much time and detail goes into everything in a game, not to even begin on the programming aspect of it. I wanted to be in control of the whole process, but that's unrealistic. These people work constantly and everything they design has an overly complicated procedural mathematics that underlies it all. It's way too much work for one person. And it would just make me depressed.

So I repair electronics instead. It has steady hours and the pay isn't bad and I don't have to deal with people a whole lot. So It's alright. I get more out of doing home renovation stuff or working on cars and electronics than I think I would investing into a gaming career where that's "all" I would have time for.
    Likes ThisName liked this post